♥Chapter 4♥

Dedicated to AmySousa- writes awesome books!

I've finally got round to casting. Hope you like who I picked

Chapter 4

"Yeah, I'm fine Luke," I said.

"Are you sure? 'Coz-" he replied

"Hey, Luke. Why aren't you in school?" I asked.

"Oh, well, I ditched," he said.

"Get back there now. Tell Stace and Brandon that I said hi. I gotta' go to class now, bye!" I said.

"Have fun being the new girl, bye Sandy!" he said and hung up.

I grabbed my bag and keys and left the house. I wrote down the dorm number on my hand, because I didn't want to repeat what happened last night again. I got lost, and ended up in the school office asking for my dorm number.

The corridors were literally empty, so I must have been either really late, or really early. When I went to the class room, it was empty so I just sat down at the back. Later, a few kids began to enter, and they looked like the were the over-achieveing students, keen to be in class early. Some sat at the front, some sat at the back. One boy came and sat my me. Instead of making a conversation, he pulled out some notes and studied. I sat there playing with my fingers. Soon, the class room began to fill, and positively, no one noticed me. The teacher also came in and introduced the topic we were studying. Then began the roll call. He frowned at one name, which I guessed was mine.

"Miss Santana Cole?" he called. The class looked around.

"Here, sir," I called. All eyes were looking at me. The guy who sat next to me frowned slightly.

"Oh, I see, you were the new student the principal mentioned," he said and carried on.

The whole lesson was pretty much boring, because I had done the stuff back home. The guy next to me also found the worksheet easy, and soon we were just sitting there in an awkward silence. I snuck a look at him. He had dark hair, and pale skin, with freckles on his nose, lightly spreading to his cheeks. He wore glasses, and that was the only thing making him look like a nerd.

Then the teacher asked us to swap sheets and mark each others. He swiftly switched the sheets. I saw that his name was Cory Brandon, as it read on the sheet. The teacher read out the answers, and he got all of them correct. I ticked it neatly and handed it back to him.

"100% Well done," he said, and flashed me a blink-it-and-you-miss-it smile.

"Same. Congrats," I said.

"So...um...what brings you to this school?" he asked. I was surprised that he hadn't pestered me with questions earlier.

"Scholarship," I answered. He nodded and turned away. One question, that's it. I was starting to like him a little. The teacher took in the worksheets, and dismissed us shortly after the bell went. I packed my bag, then re-packed it waiting for the class to empty. I didn't want to be shot with questions after the first lesson. Then I walked up to the teacher and asked him about something, pretending I hadn't understood. He explained it to me, then smiled.

"They'll stop pestering you in a couple of days," he said. "New kids are pretty common."

"Thanks, sir," I said and walked out quickly. The corridor was pretty much empty now. I found my way to the next lesson. The warning bell went off, just as I entered the class room.

"Miss Cole, welcome to English" said the teacher, a young blonde woman.. "You're late, but I'm letting you off today."

I nodded and she pointed at an empty seat in the middle of the room. The person sitting next to the empty seat was the blond guy in the field from yesterday. He smiled as I sat down.