Chapter 2

It was 10:00am and I was ready to leave for my horse show. My parents are going to be at a festival, near my show, but that shouldn't be a problem. Sasha gave me a ride to the barn, since she already has her license. She helped get the trailer ready, while I groomed and tacked. After I was finished, I lead Sky into the trailer. Sasha hooked up the trailer to her car and we were off. We actually got there around 11:30, 30 minutes before the show starts. I was on my phone or talking to Sasha until I heard my name called on the loudspeaker. "Cathy and Sky, come into the arena at this time." It echoed. I hopped on Sky and rode into the huge, clean, air conditioned arena. Everything was precisely placed and stacked. I squeezed, and Sky began trotting towards a jump. Psh, these jumps are low! We could jump higher! The low jumps were marked green. I approached a yellow jump, guess that means medium. After I jumped all the green, yellow, and red jumps, a purple jump caught my eye. Huh? Never seen one of those... I heard people mumbling, "Is she really going to jump that?" "Yea, but she needs to be super focused, it's very high." As a cantered toward the jump, I was in the zone, COMPLETELY focused until...my parents came in to watch the show. I heard my mom yell, "CATHERINE GET OFF THAT HORSE RIGHT NOW!" That caught Sky and I off guard and then Sky was flying towards the jump at a weird angle. My reins loosened and I lost control. Next thing I knew, I was being thrown off Sky, landing in the dirt, head first cracking my neck right under Sky. The last thing I saw was her hoofs landing onto my chest, crushing my rib cage. Then, I heard a sharp whinny, then it all went black.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hi! Thank you for at least reading (or skipping 0_0) to the end of this chapter. I appreciate tips, ideas, and feedback on all my chapters! Was this boring, or was it interesting? Please let me know, by commenting. Thanks again! - theroflhorse