Chapter Ten

The video to the right has Rosie and Nadina's date outfits in it! ------->

~COPYRIGHT 2011~

*Sunday - Matt’s POV*

Our mother had once again forced us to go to church. God, that place was horrible. The minister droned on and on about nothing. It drove me crazy. But ever since Dad died, she has been telling us it was the right thing to do; going to church that is. So we didn’t protest. We missed our father. He was a good man and he always knew what to say. I’m sure our pain doesn’t compare to the pain that Mom was feeling though. The pain of losing your mate was bad. I’m surprised she hasn’t lost her mind yet. I think we’re what keep her alive and sane.

After church, Caleb and I got to talking. Today was a pretty nice day. The sun was shining and it would be a nice night to go out. So we agreed that we would double with our mates. He called up his mate and I called mine. She answered on the second ring.

“Hello?”

“Nadina, it’s Matt,” I said.

“Oh, hey handsome!” she giggled. “How are you?”

“Fantastic now that I’m talking to you,” I replied.

“Wow, that was cheesy, but I’ll let it pass this time. So what’s up?”

“I was wondering if you’d want to double with my brother and his date tonight.”

“Sure! I’d love to! After all, I can’t stop thinking about you after what happened in the movie theatre.”

“Neither can I, sweetie, neither can I. Anyways, can I pick you up around 5? We’ll go out for a small dinner in town and then we’ll head off to the movie. Does that sound okay? I know you have school tomorrow so we’ll go to an early showing.”

“Who cares about school? I’d rather be out partying than studying.”

“That’s not a good habit.”

“And you think I care?” she laughed. “That’s a good one. I’ll see you later.”

“Alright, bye,” I laughed as I hung up the phone.

I was so relieved I had such a laid back mate. That made it so much easier to be myself around her. Take for example what happened at the movie theatre. One minute I was talking to her and the next I was making out with her. This girl was great!

*Rosie’s POV*

After I got off the phone with Caleb and agreed to go on a date with him, it rang once more. I sighed and picked it up. I didn’t have time to talk right now. I had to get ready!