Chapter Six: Drunk

Spencer's POV:

I ran and ran until I reached Hanna's house. I don't know why I didn't think of going there last night. I rang the doorbell.

"Oh hey Spence! Come in." Hanna says. Then she notices my tears. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, uhh nothing. Can I crash here tonight?" I ask

"Of course!" Hanna says. "So umm... what's wrong, Spence?"

"Nothing. Do you, uh, have anything to drink?" I ask

"Sure, soda? Coke? Lemonade?" Hanna smiles at my coffee addiction. "Coffee?" She asks.

But I don't want coffee. Or soda. Or coke. Or lemonade. I want wine.

"Got any alcohol?" I ask. Hanna raises an eyebrow.

"What?" I ask. "I had a bad day."

"Okay, then..." Hanna says slowly. "Maybe if you drink you'll tell me what happened."

I chuckled, "I highly doubt that." I say. She puts a glass and a bottle of wine on the table.

I drink a glass, followed by another, then another.

"Woah, there Spence. I think that's enough." Hanna says chuckling.

"NO! MINE!" I say grabbing the bottle of wine and holding it like it's my baby.

Hanna laughs. "Okay well I have to go pee. Be back in a minute."

"Wait, Hanna?" I ask, the fear in my voice obvious.

"Yea, Spence? What's wrong?"

"It's... It's that pillow. It's gonna eat me!!!!" I cry.

Hanna just rolls her eyes and says, "Spence, you're drunk. That's enough."

She takes the bottle away from me. (Noooo!!!) and then goes off to the bathroom.

Quietly, I sneak out of Hanna's house and run off to see the one that's constantly on my mind: Toby.

************************************

Toby's POV:

After standing in shock, for several minutes, I realized that I had no way of finding Spencer. I didn't have her number, her address (although I doubt she's at home) or anything!

I guess there's nothing I could do but hope and wait for her to come back. I sat down at my couch and watched the saddest movie I know: titanic. I'm about halfway through the movie, when I hear the doorbell ring. Is it Spencer? I don't even bother turning the movie off and run towards the door. Sure enough, it's Spencer.

But... I don't know. Am I mad at her, for leaving? Am I relieved she came back? But before I could say anything, she starts talking.

"HEY TOBY!!!" She yells.

"Um, hi Spence." I reply.

"Hanna has a face eating pillow, did you know that?" Spencer says.

What? Is Spencer... Okay? Just then it hits me. She's drunk. But who's Hanna? Whatever. Doesn't matter.

"Spence, come inside and take a seat." I say. I didn't want her to faint or something.

"OKAAAYYY!" She exclaims. After a single step, she trips and falls. I laugh, pick her up in my hands, and carry her to the couch. On the way to the couch she yells "TOBYYY!"

I flop her down on the couch and ask "Yes, Spence?" While sitting next to her.

"While I was walking here, my flying chipmunk told me to go see the quacking elephant who told me that it doesn't matter what -A says. He told me I should follow my heart and be with the one I love. He told me that everything's gonna be okay and no ones gonna DIEEEE!!!" Spencer says very dramatically. Even though I have no idea what half of her story meant, I knew that the part about being with the one she loves was true. She loves me.

"Spence, the elephant was right." I say.

"Duhh, the elephants always right." She says as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I laugh.

"I love you, Spence."

"I love you, too, Tobes." I chuckle at my new nickname. 'Tobes'.

But then she continues. "But-I'm-really-worried-because-of-A's-threats-but-I-really-wanna-be-with-you!" She says really quickly. "Oops!" She adds and places her hands over her mouth, as if she had said too much.

"Spence... what... who is -A?" I ask. I still barely understand whats going on. But before she can answer, I look down and see that she is fast asleep, her head resting on my chest. I fall asleep, too. But I am not thinking about flying chipmunks or quacking elephants. I am thinking that someone is threatening my girl. I need to find out more about -A.

***********************************

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Did you like the chapter?

It was really fun writing it, from both the perspective of Spencer, the drunk and Toby, the sober.

I haven't been getting much comments/feedback lately. Should I stop writing? Please comment if you want the story to continue.

Xoxo