Chapter 1

Flicking through the channels on your TV, you were relaxing after a hard day’s work at your part time job. Being seventeen, small toned body with brown locks and brown puppy eyes; it was hard keeping up with the adult world, but you enjoyed the freedom that an adult has.

Being out of education and being in a part time job, you had some freedom and flexibility to live your life. That was until your mum had come in with a job for you.

“(Your name), are you in?” “Yes mother,” you call back. You weren’t a posh girl, yet you weren’t the gangster type girl. Some say you were the perfect girl that anyone could dream as having a friend – this being from your well being. “Oh hello darling,” your mum says to you as she stands at the living room door, “what are you doing this Friday?” She asks as she makes her way to the other side of the small living room to place her bags on the floor. “Nothing; why?” “Well, you know my good friend Siobhan?” “The one who recently had a child,” You state, unsure if you are correct. “Yes that’s her. Well she’s going back to work, and she has no money for a babysitter and was wondering if you’d do the job instead,” she says as you purse your lips together in a hard line. Do I want to do that job? Thinking for a few seconds, you knew that you didn’t work on Friday’s so you’ll be bored. So what would be the harm?

“Yeah sure, I can do it,” “she’ll pay you ten pound,” “yeah okay. I’ll still do the job,” you flash a smile, “oh thank you honey. I’ll phone her now and tell her,” your mum’s voice is noticeably delighted, and bounces out the room to the kitchen.