Chapter 2

Hello readers! I will leave the editing for later, after i finish writing the story! 

So all the chapters are not edited.

Enjoy!

And please vote and comment! 

xoxo!

___________________________________________________

Chapter 2 –

Drowning

“Start three laps, back and forth! Go!” The whistle sound and I jumped into the pool feeling the cold water cover my body. My arms and legs moved rhythmically and within a second I was on the other end of the pool. For the next few seconds I kept on swimming efficiently and fast that when my three laps were over I looked up at my Dad who was also my coach stare at me with pride.

“Son, you beat your record! This time its three minutes and forty five seconds” He patted my back when I got out. He threw a towel at me and called Beatrice, our maid, to bring in a glass of mango juice. I sat down on one of the swimming pool benches and dried my hair. Dad turned on the T.V and flicked to the sports channel as always. I didn’t think he was as competitive last year as he was this year but I have t say he had valid reasons. First being the most important Olympic Games held in London and the next National Water Games. I sighed in amusement as he watched with concentration. I could see his hair starting to grey now that he was a retired Athlete who owned many sportswear franchises, along with Mom who owned a real estate company. Both were busy, actually we all were very busy what with me being in my second year of University and my older brother married and next in line for the business.

“After a very exhausting water sports week we have been expecting some of the talented Athletes rising to a new level of fame. Yes, one of them having to the people’s favorite, Tyler Bradley! You heard me Tyler Bradley, silent but, as some say, a merman when in the water! He has also snagged female attention and they cannot get over him!”

I couldn’t help but stare at the lady who was reading the sports news. Who knew I was going to be recognized by the public for being a champion swimmer. I wouldn’t have thought of this day and now that it has come, I have no idea how to handle it. The fame is all great but sometime, after being in it, it loses that previous sheen to its name. It goes from “ooohh” to “okay another news about me! Great! Right……”

As you can see I was obviously bored with this and wanted something new in my life. Like a plot twist or something and from what I can see it’s not happening sooner.  

“News has it after a break up Jenna Adams, his fiancée, Tyler has been practicing and working hard on improving, not that he needs it! – The report paused for a laugh and continued – Maybe just maybe he still has feelings for the beautiful heiress of Statewood Accessory Company!”

“What that’s bullshit! Why would I work hard for that She wolf! She has done nothing but ruin my life what with the obsessive attitudes and clinging on……..” I muttered outraged. That bloody vixen and the stupid news!

“To match up to her standards, Tyler has been working like crazy, so says Jen’s close friend Emily. I hope to see them together again one day! This Linda Shane on AB Sports” Then the ending tune was heard and I grimaced. Really, it’s supposed to be sports news not gossip news......

Just as I got up Beatrice came walking over with a chilled glass of mango juice. I smiled at her and thanked her. She was in her 60s and worked for us before I was even born. Because of her I learnt about loyalty and on her part it’s an understatement.

“Dad, I am going to the public pool today. Jayden asked me to help him instruct little kids on how to swim and also I have my duty there too” turned around, slapping my blue towel on my left shoulder when he interrupted.