Part 2

Another freezing night and I wait yet again for her, only her.  The wind picks up and its icy fingers find their way into every tiny opening in my cashmere overcoat.  Where is she?  The hated red Suburban pulls up once again and parks in front of her house.  If only I could see his face…I would…what would I do?  The veins in my forehead begin to swell as the blood pounds in my ears…hatred nearly swallows me as a stare into the darkness.  My body almost surges out into the street without my assent.

Stop!  Stop yourself, idiot.  You’ll be discovered.  Heart pounding I manage to restrain the urge to rush out, which will end everything that I have worked for.

 Ahh!  A light goes on as the driver’s side door opens into the cold night breeze.  The mystery man gets out. Is this John or some other scoundrel bent on claiming my prize?  

Tall and good looking with curling black hair, he sports a handsome dress frock-coat, almost as dashing as mine…He casually walks around to her side of the SUV, opens the door, steps aside and offers her his arm as she slides out of the high seat- her tiny feet reach for the ground below.  She gives him a little pat, smiles sweetly into his face and gives him a lingering, “ Why thank you, John” as they escape the chill night air to enter the warm confines of her home. 

I cannot watch this. I will kill them both if I remain another moment. Once again, the scalding sensation of hatred streams through my entire being, as if Hate in its most vile form were a blistering cloud that could soak through to my core. The world is engulfed in red, no more the tranquil night,  and calls me to embrace the envious fury. To feel the euphoria of John’s blood bathe me in her very presence. Yet, I will allow my rational side to empower me this time, for what good is his death if I cannot enjoy it?

Yes.  Yes! Already a plan forms in my mind.

I discretely stroll to my car, anger reigned,  and drive away with the smile never leaving my face...