Chapter 4 (Trust)

Chapter 4

Trust

I woke the kids up and got them ready for school. While they ate breakfast, I made their lunches and put them in their backpacks. The bus honked the horn and they jumped up, grabbing their backpacks and running out the door.

"Love you all too." I said to myself.

I got ready for work. When I got out of the shower, I checked my phone and saw a picture of Marco at work. I trust Marco more and believe it's time for him to come back home. It's been a week since we started this calling and texting every five minutes thing. It's been working out well.

Marco's P.O.V*

I sent Bailey the text message saying where I am then went back to work. Target is crowded today. I don't think I'll get a break today. I went over to cash register 5 and turned on the light. Immediately there was a long line. I began ringing up people, trying to get finished as quickly as possible. This day is just dragging along. Shouldn't these people be at work?

After work, I text Bailey again and told her I was hanging out with the guys. I took a picture of all of us together and sent it to her.

"How much longer is that going to last?" Lance asked me.

"Until she trusts me again." I answered. "Anyway, let's go to the mall."
At the mall, we ran into the girls. Of course they wanted to tag along with us. We didn't want to be mean and say no.

"What, it's not like you were going to walk around and pick up girls." Sandy said, taking Lance's hand.

"No, but... never mind." Lance said.

After walking around for a while, I said good-bye and headed to my mom's. I can't wait to get back home to Bailey and the kids. I just hope this all ends soon. My cell rang and I quickly answered.

"Hello." I said.

"Hi Marco." Bailey answered.

"Oh hey Bailey. What's up?"
"I wanted to let you know you're free to come home at any time."

"Really?"

"Really. I trust you now and I miss you. The kids won't stop asking about you."

"I'll be there soon."

I packed my things and quickly headed back to my real home. I've hated this separation. Not being able to feel Bailey or see her beautiful face. And I miss seeing the kids running around the house playing.

I parked in the driveway and hurried inside. I walked in and heard the kids arguing in the living room. I walked in and they looked up at me. Huge smiles formed on their faces.

"Daddy!" They exclaimed, jumping up and running over to me. I gave them hugs. It's been too long.

I saw Bailey walk into the room. She gave me a small smile. I let go of the kids and went over to her, taking her waist and pressing my lips to hers. I've missed this. Her touch, her warmth.

"Yuck!" I heard Bella exclaim behind us. I let go of Bailey and laughed.

I played a game with the kids and watched a movie with them. Soon it was time for them to go to bed. Once they were all in bed and asleep, I went to the room to get ready for bed. I would be sleeping in my old bed again. I walked in and saw Bailey talking on the phone.

"Yeah everything is back to normal. I've missed him being here." She said to whoever she was talking to.

I came up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I kissed her on the cheek.