After Mockingjay

*IF YOU HAVEN'T READ "THE HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY", THEN YOU SHOULDN'T READ THIS BECAUSE OF SPOILERS*

--All Rights Reserved to Suzanne Collins-- After Mockingjay. (Part 1)

Chapter 1.

I wake up, the bright light shining on my face.

I look over to find Peeta Mellark, my husband, laying on the opposite side of the bed. His blond hair is tasseled, sticking out in every direction. He smiles in his sleep.

I shake him.

"Peeta," I say. He opens his eyes.

"Hey," he smiles, "beautiful." I look into his blue eyes. I lean in to kiss him,

feeling that same fire I felt in the cave in the first games, and on the beach in the Quarter Quell. "I love you," Peeta whispers.

I pull back. I smile and say, "I love you, too."

He smiles at me and closes his eyes.

"Peeta, it's time to get up. We have to go." I say.

Ever sense Peeta and I overthrown the Capitol, we have been living in Victors Village back in District 12. Only a few lives here, because only a few survived the Revolution.

Peeta, Effie, Haymitch,my mother, Annie Cresta, refugees from Districts who survived, Plutarch, Johanna, and I are the only occupants of District 12's Victors Village homes. Gale left with Beetee for the Capitol, to get away from me and Peeta, I'm guessing.

"Wha-" I pull Peeta up by his arms and kiss him on the cheek.

"We have to check on everyone. Make sure they are alright. And you promised me you would let me teach you how to hunt."

Peeta and I are in the kitchen, I'm brewing Coffee grounds left over from when my Mother and Prim used to occupy the house.

"Mommy," a small voice comes from the living room. I smile and peer out the doorway of the kitchen. Willow, my 4 year-old daughter, wobbles into the kitchen.

"Mommy, look what I've found in your closet!"

She wears a white blouse, and a skirt that drags on the floor. Everything a little too big for her.

Tears fill my eyes. It was the outfit Prim, my younger sister, wore on the day of her very first Reaping.

Prim. The tears come. Prim was blown up during the war. She was a healer, and called in for a mission to cure the wounded Capitol children. The bombs dropped during that mission. She was only thirteen.

I sink down to the floor and press the heels of my hands to my eyes, not able to hold back the tears anymore.

"Mommy? Are you alright?" I look up at her, she is now right in front of me. I smile and nod,wiping the tears from my face, though I'm not alright.

"Yes," I reach my hands around her waist, and tuck the shirt in.

"Better tuck in that tail though, little duck." I say, and the tears threaten to come back. I feel the hot sting of the single tear rolling down my cheek.

Willow runs into her bedroom after kissing my cheek, and I stand. I take a deep breath.

"Prim's?" Peeta asks me, and I nod him in agreement. I'm guessing he suspects that I don't want to talk about Prim anymore, so he doesn't carry it on.

He opens his arms and I sit on his lap. He rocks back and fourth in his chair. He strokes my hair, then kisses my cheek. I lean my head on his shoulder.

"I don't know what I would be without you." I tell Peeta.

"I do." He says. "I would probably be dead. You saved me in the games, from being tortured back in District 13, and I would probably still be Hijacked,"

"Oh, Peeta, no. You helped me just as much." I say. And it's true. He saved me from starvation when he threw me that bread when I was eleven.

Before the conversation could carry on any longer, there is a knock at the door.

I jumped up and ran to the door. When I open it, I see Annie Cresta, Finnick Odairs wife from District 4, standing in front of me holding her baby.

"Hi Katniss," Annie looks at me, and I let her in.

"So, I have been thinking-" Annie drifts off. After she won the games about 16 years ago because she was the best swimmer, she hasn't been right in the head.

"I've been thinking of what I should name our child." Finnick and Annie's child. Finnick never got to see him because he was eaten by mutts before she gave birth.

"And..." I say, so she knows I'm listening.

"And I think I want to name him...

Finn." Annie looks at me, while I process this. "Finn," I say. "Annie, that's... Beautiful."

She exhales and I know she is happy with it. It really is a beautiful name.

"I wanted Finnick to be apart of his life too." I can see tears gathering in her eyes as she looks at her baby, Finn.

"Finnick would have loved him. And that name." I say, Annie let's out a sound that sounds like a laugh and a cry.

"How is Peeta doing?" She asks.

"He is fine, learning more about himself more each day." Annie nods.

"Aunt Annie!" Willow comes back down from her room and hugs Annie. She wanted some form of a family, so we gave her the title of my Sister. I know how it feels loosing someone. You feel empty and alone, like your missing a part of you.

"Hi Willow," Annie said, "Where's Rye?" Rye is my other child, a two year-old baby boy. Willow is four.

"He's sleeping. Is that my cousin?"

"Yes. Your cousin Finn." Annie looks at me.

"Finn, like Uncle Finnick?" Asks Willow.

"Yes. Do you like it?"

"I love it."