Chapter Two: Hope & Trust

Liesel had gone to the hospital to try to find Rudy. She was with the mayors wife as well looking trying to find her until she did.

All she had to do was go in, but she couldn't she was weak but eager to see him. Finally she did.

As the nurse opened the door she said " Rudy, you have a visit."

"Who ? " Rudy asked. as he could not see Liesel since she was right outside the door.

"Papa?" He asked .

"No you'll see." as the nurse nodded to Liesel, assuring her she can come in.

As soon as the door closed Liesel realized it was just the two them. She felt her cheeks turn bright red.

"hi-hi Rudy , I'm so glad your okay. Your Papa has a shop now and he's hoping to see you - soon" Liesel said.

"I thought you'd never come" he smiled.

"Liesel are you okay ?! I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you" he said as he saw Liesel crying.

"no I'm ok I was just so worried!" she tried smiling but all that came was tears.

"don't worry I'll be out in a few days then we can go meet near the woods after all it is the beginning of summer" He said.

"Okay I'll go by your house on Saturday, hopefully you'll be there" said Liesel.

After talking for ages ,Liesel said goodbye but just as she was about to leave Rudy said "I love you"

"what? " she asked she felt her cheeks red.

"I forgot to say that .." he smiled.