Memoirs of a Teenage Vampire Queen-Chapter 18

Treys POV

-----------------------------------------------------

I watched her slip into the dark abyss of unconsciousness, as I tried to contain my rage. I loved her and she loved me, I tried to remember that it was all that mattered.

Since Christine was so close to her change, certain abilities that we Vampires had, Christine had gained as well. As her wound slowly began its process of repairing itself and her blood cells multiplied, generating new ones, I rose to my feet to face Sophia.

Chase had her pinned tightly against the wall, but slowly released her as I made my way over to her. She smirked at me evilly, blood making a messy approach to the bottom of her chin.

"You fucking bitch! Do you have any idea what could have happened?!" I yelled, losing my temper. She smiled ruthlessly at me, and like an animal, I bared my fangs and growled at her.

"Oh come on Trey! Stop over reacting, it was just a little nip!" Sophia giggled, grinning widely and remorselessly, mocking the situation and pissing everyone else off.

Stella, fed up with Sophia's charade and plain disregard for the way we have chosen to live, stepped forward, fangs fully extended, ready to strike and was abruptly knocked backwards by a muscular arm across her throat.

"Oh my god! CHASE!?" Madison shouted in Stella's defense, stepping over to see that her friend was alright.

"You're not really going to continue to stand up for her! Are you?!" Stella spat, her speech rumbling with anger.

"Now, now everyone. Let's just try to remain calm. Let's take a step back and look at what is really going on." Chase took a step backward and held his hands up defensively.

"Holy hell! You're really going to side with this Bitch!? He's going to fucking side with this slut!" Stella ranted, turning from her brother, whom she thought had a brain, to the rest of us, now sure he didn't.

---------------------------------------------

Sophia's POV

--------------------------------------------

As much as I wanted to jump on her fragile little human body and suck her dry, I couldn't. Simply because she was my sister, my only family.

As her blood dripped down into my throat, images of her past flashed before my eyes and compassion took over my mind and regret over my stone cold heart. I saw the last few moments leading up to this point flash before me, her voice clear as night in my ears. Regret pounded my heart as I heard her standing up for me as her sister, doing the right thing in MY best interest.

Okay, okay, I'll admit it. I fucked up, but now that everyone is yelling at me and trying to kill me, there is NO way that I'm going to admit it. However, now that I have seen my sisters true heart, the passion and compassion, and the respect that she has in her soul for me, and for getting to know me, I know that our Mother made the right choice by choosing her as our next Queen. Not that I will ever accept it, but it's true.

I watched as the situation escalated and Chase threw his sister back in my defense, and started to feel just a tiny bit bad.

"Okay! Okay! Enough! Everyone stop yelling at me! I'm sorry okay?!" I said, straightening myself and using the back of my hand to brush away the blood.

"I get it. She's pure and is ultimately the right choice; she's always been what is in the best interest of our Kingdom. I get it." I lowered my head, hoping that they'd see shame and forgive me.