Chapter One

Step 1 is Step 2

Nicholas P.O.V

It’s been 2 weeks since I last saw Ash and being alone now has been so desperate with company that I had to stay over at a friend’s house while my other friends bashing each other with pillows. Luke has been my best friend ever since I started high school when he saved me and my brother from the attack about our look alike personalities with bulling he saved us and his friends.

“hey man join in come on we’ve got all night man!” he says turning to me, after finishing his sentence he got bashed in the face from behind falling face first in front of Luke were he grabbed his balls, Luke’s face turned pale as Rades hand grabbed on to him, “dude you’ve got your hands on Luke’s  junk!”  everybody around us laughed as Rades hand flew up into the air and smashed into Kaleb’s face. Kaleb made a What-the-‘f’ face rubbing his right cheek

“What the hell am I going to do with you guys? I put my guard down for three seconds for food and still get hit” taking a handful and shoving the popcorn in his mouth, before his boyfriend comes over and connecting their mouths together in a lock were Rades starts whistling from the far side swirling his fist in the air for encouragement, I shake my head walking out of the room as everybody bets on who’s-gonna-let-go-first-breathing.

Truthfully I picked Kaleb’s boyfriend because Kaleb can hold his breath for several minutes with reaching sea depths to about 60m, I rush back with my glass of water and throwing all my candy in. “I bet Kaleb will win!” after that it got rough, but at the end I got all the candy from everbody.

Later that night I thought of my brother. Strong, caring, has a light atmosphere around him, can cheer everybody up with just 3 words. His busy and working part-times playing around, the laughs of cheerleaders cracking at his every joke, the many love letters he gets when valentines in season and the new year’s kisses I see happening on the count down. What’s described there is all the opposite of me; quiet as an owl as I rush into a conversation were everyone screams “Ya know I love it when you fly in like that, that’s what I love about ya” he would always say that ruffling my hair.

Step 2 of Mourning-getting possessive over your siblings stuff.

“Nick! You have got to stop this he is not coming back! Get it into your head! He’s gone!” I mother screams at me trying to take the book I gave to him as a present in Christmas this year. “No don’t touch any of his stuff! I don’t want them to disappear!” “Honey just leave them it’s not going to work, just….leave them there” my father says saddly hearing the cracking in his voice. She stops tugging on the book, sighing, I snatch it back running to my top bunk bed holding the book as I scrunch into a ball, the tears just won’t stop.

As I rock back and forth I sing a song to sooth myself, my eyes were stinging, I’m guessing because of the eyeliner I had on and I might have really puffy eyes by tomorrow too.

                                                                                     ****

I feel a twinge in my heart as I keep piling his stuff on his bunk bed, taking all his troffies and dumping them on the bed, next his racing photo's when he won the dirt road, first place, juniours competition. Eventually finishing by eleven o'clock. I too dump myself into bed.

I close my eye as a flash back before the car accident blinks into my head.

Flash Back

“Come on, what’s wrong too scared cause we’re gonna get caught by the cops oooo-ooh!” Michael jumps around with bottle of VB in his hand, with his light, brown dreadlocks swinging from side-to-side. “I don’t know Mick but I don’t want to die tonight” “Who cares!”- I say in my drunk state, hands in the air like a kid the empty shot in my hand as I swing my body smashing the shot glass on the concrete, I hear the three screams from the become drunk drivers as I start gunning for the front passenger seat “last on to the car is a headless chicken!”