Chapter 2

morning soon came and my inner child is throwing a tantrum, i open my eyes and look at my phone. ;6:45;

i sigh but surely get up, i throw my covers off my aching body.

i go to my closet and grab my green jacket, white spaghetti shirt, along with my black ripped jeans.

i rush over to my drawer that has a mirror hanging above it. i grab my mascara and apply some on my bottom and top lash.

i take my hair out of my braids and run my hand through my hair, i don't usually take that much time on my face considering i hate the time of makeup.

once i am ready i get my slightly dirty white fans. (DAMN DANIEL) while putting on my rose gold locket. i run to the bathroom and brush my teeth then rinsing.

i grab my phone, headphones and my backpack while rushing down the stairs. i walk into the kitchen seeing my grandma eating her food.

i smile and kiss her head. "how's your morning so far pretty lady?" i say soothingly rubbing my hand down her back.

"it's the same sammy" she takes another bite of her soggy cereal.

"is the nurse here?" i look around the kitchen before knowing he isn't.

"no he is running late..sit and talk to me awhile?" she looks up to me with a "you can't say no" face.

"sure nana" i say sitting down across from her.

"i'm sorry you had to move from florida
to here, there isn't much but it's home" she takes another bit.

"id do anything for family, plus the kids at my old school didn't really like me. so you kinda saved me nana" i say smiling.

the door swings open to my grandmothers middle aged nurse. "i'm so sorry i'm late, my car wouldn't start"

nana puts her hand up to stop his rambling "no apologies Bret, come in and help with the bills" she turns to attention to me.

"get going, don't wanna be late on your first day at school" she shoos me.

"bret"

"samantha"

"she's in a good mood today" i say turning to my grandma rolling her eyes

"wouldn't have her any other way" he then walks over to her.

•••

as i walk down the isle on the bus i choose somewhere to sit scanning the rows.

soon i come to a stop and sit to the 4 to last seat. i throw my backpack on the other seat while i sit towards the window.

i put on my headphones to block out the child's play that happening in the front of the bus.

"hey you" i open my eyes to see a blonde chick and ugly ass eyebrows, small eyes and lips that are too big for her face.