Chapter 1

*Buzz buzz buzz*

I jumped at the sound of my phone ringing on the table next to me. I opened one eye to see who would actually have the nerve to call me in the middle of the night.

But when I opened my eye it wasn’t the middle of the night. The sun was shining into my room straight into my face.

I shot up and grabbed my phone.

9:47. I was late. And had four missed calls from my boss.

I jumped out of my bed and ran to the bathroom to get ready.

I’m Lucy Drew, by the way. I live in a really small apartment in London, England. I come from a huge loving family that I couldn’t live without. I’m 21 and the youngest in my family. I was born and raised here in England. I recently moved into my small apartment with my closest friend, Lindsay. We share the rent and so far it’s going fairly well.

In about 5 minutes I was dressed, my teeth were brushed, and my hair was up in an ok looking ponytail and I was out the door to my car. I have a little black Audi that I’ve had since my 18th birthday, that I absolutely adore. I got in and drove 8 blocks to the boutique I work at.

I work at Browns Boutique. One of the best shops in London. I’m currently just one of the girls in there that make sure everything is all orderly and work the register. But my big plan is to have my own clothes in their someday. Hopefully.

I walked into the store, looking to see if my boss, Angela,was anywhere in sight, luckily for me she wasn’t. Just the other two girls who work in there with me, Veronica and Sam.

“Lucy! You’re a half an hour late..” Sam said, trying to sound like she had authority, which made us all giggle.

“I know, I know,” I said walking over to behind the counter,”I got in really late last night and I completely forgot to set my alarm..Where is Angela?”

“She just stepped out for a meeting for the day. Lucky for you.” Veronica told me as she folded up shirts from a new shipment.

I felt relieved. I’m sure eventually I’ll hear about it, though.

“What were you up to last night, hmm?” Sam asked, wiggling her eyebrow up and down at me.I let out a little laugh. I knew the questioning would begin when I mentioned I went out.

“I just went out to Storm for a bit.” Storm was a popular nightclub that was only a block or so from my apartment. “I met this really handsome guy and just hung out and had a few drinks.”

Both girls stopped what they were doing and rushed over to me. “Who’s this guy, Miss. Lucy Drew?!” Sam asked. “What’s he look like?” Veronica asked before I could answer the first question.

“Well, his name is Jon. He’s 25. He’s just a bussiness man and he’s really cute.” I smiled thinking about him, “He is really tall and has dark hair and gorgeous blue eyes.” The girls listened intently as I told them about him and about the conversations we had. I had a pause a few times to help a couple of the customers.

“So are you gonna see him again?” Veronica asked as the customer left. I nodded, “I’m seeing him again tonight after work.”

“You better tell me all about it.” Sam demanded with a smile, and pointed her finger at me.

-------

My day at the boutique ended and I left the girls there to close up. I hurried home to get ready before Jon came to pick me up. I walked in and went into the bathroom to shower and beautify myself.

45 minutes later, after I was all dressed and putting the finishing touches on my makeup, my doorbell rang.

“Coming!” I yelled. I ran my hands through my newly curled, strawberry blonde hair and headed out to meet Jon at the door.