Chapter 3: Well, it's official

When I woke up it was the next day. I got up out of my bed and stretched. That was when I remembered the werewolf thing. Hey, maybe I dreamed the whole thing, I thought. I looked at my shoulder. Nope. The bite was still there plain and clear. Mum walked in. "Honey, you better start packing, you go back to school tomorrow." she said cheerfully. She left. I hadn't been packing very long before there was a knock on my door. I said "Come in." Dad walked in. "Honey?" he said. I didn't say anything. "Listen, Anna, I know you're still mad at me about... what happened, but I brought you these." He held out a bottle of greenish liquid and a blank peice of parchment. "What are they for?" I asked. "The potion is to keep you from going crazy during your transformations. It's enchanted, so when it gets empty, it fills back up again. Drink it on the full moon, before nighttime comes. This parchment is very special. Remember how I told you about me an my friends, the Marauders? This is the Marauders Map. Look. I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." The parchment suddenly had writing on it, spelling out "Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs are proud to present the Marauders Map." "It's a map of Hogwarts, see? Now this secret passage here leads to the Shreiking Shack, which is where I used to go during my transformations. When you're done with the map, you say 'Mischief managed', and the map will clear itself. With these things, your transformations will be much safer and easier to bear." He handed the potion and map to me. I hugged him. "Thanks, dad." "Well, It's the least I could do." he said "Now get ready. Tomorrow you leave for Hogwarts." He left.