Precious Moments

The night sky was brightening and still Evelyn lay in Levi's arms. He had promised her the whole night just for her birthday; and  he had kept that promise. She sighs and looks over at his sleeping' angelic face.

"I Love you" she thinks, wishing she could admit it to him, but what would be the point? He would wake soon and have to be on his way. Why he had moved to Arizona in the first place, was beyond her. He said he had just wanted to be away from his parents and his aunt needed someone to take care of her. Somewhere inside her, though, Evelyn knew it was to get away from her. She had hurt him when she had chosen to chase after her dumbass ex fiancee.

Beside her, he stirs and she watches, waiting for his eyes to open, but he just settles back into slumber. She exhales, realizing she had been holding her breath. She wanted him to wake up so she could see his beautiful ocean blue eyes. The one's that always made her feel calm and safe. She wanted to snuggle and just be with him, but if he woke, he would have to go.

She groans quietly to herself. Did she really not want him to leave so badly, that she was catching herself wishing he wouldn't wake up? She looks out the window, watching as the morning sun rises over the horizon and the early birds begin to chirp.

in her head Evelyn sings their song, or really the song that Levi had said reminded him of her. It was Waiting all my Life by Rascal Flatts. In the middle of the chorus she stops, listening to Levi's peaceful breathing.

"Evelyn." He mumbles in a soft, groggy tone. She leans over to him,

"Yes my Dear?" She whispers, hoping a lump wouldn't form in her throat. He doesn't answer and she calms, realizing her was just dreaming; dreaming about her. She runs her fingers through his silky black hair and kisses his forehead to calm him.

He slowly opens his eyes, blinking off sleepiness. "Hi beautiful." Levi smiles at her, his voice a little groggyy from sleep.

"Hey yourself." Evelyn giggles softly.Caught up in his smiles and ocean blue eyes, Evelyn forgets about what is to come, happy again, at least for the moment, as their lips meet. She lingers on the kiss, remembering somewhere in the back of her mind that he had to leave soon.

Devastation fills her. She needs to say something, to speak. She needs to tell him she loves him...but she could not. He looks at her, his eyes sparkling. She sighs and looks away. Taking a deep breath, she blurts words out, but instead of I Love You - "I don't want you to go!"- comes out. She glances up and this time it's Levi who sighs and looks away.

"I know you don't. I don't either, but babygirl I have to go back..." He mumbles.

Evelyn ignores the heartache, bringing her knees to her chest. Suddenly it was cold, despite the warm morning temperatures. Although she was only in her bra and panties. She shivers and he tries to put an arm around her waist, but she wiggles away.

"No Levi. I can't keep doing this! I cant just date and be a million mile apart. It doesn't work that way! If you want us to work..." she pauses, "Something has to change..." She chokes up, try to push back tears.

Levi looks at her and then out the window, as if the birds flying around the morning sky would tell him the answer of what to say. Evelyn just has tears in her eyes. Her tummy churns as she waits for what seems like an agonizing eternity for Levi to reply.

His eyes shift and she notices he keeps glancing at his jeans lying on the floor beside the bed.

"Well..." he speaks up, "Something can change...There's one way I could stay..." Evelyn looks at him, confused. "What do you mean Levi?"

He rolls over out of bed, looking better than ever in a pair of black and white plaid boxers. He grabs his jeans, getting something out of the back left pocket. Evelyn tries to peak, curious, but cannot see what it is.

Levi sits back on the bed, covering whatever is in his hand. "I know we've tried it before, and a couple times I wasn't serious, but this time I'm serious. I love you Evie, and I like Arizona and spending time with my aunt, but you're the only thing that's always on my mind."

Evelyn couldn't figure out why he was proclaiming this or where this little thing was going. "I love you too Levi." She smiles at him. He uncovers whats been hidden in his hand. Its a small black box. He hands it to her. "Open it."

A thousand possibilities run through her mind of what exactly was inside, within the five seconds it takes for her to open the small box. She gasps. Inside is a gleaming silver diamond ring, with a diamond in the shape of a heart.

"Marry me Evie? Marry me and love me forever? Make me more than the luckiest man alive, make me he happiest?" Evelyn's eyes gleam with tears and she looks from the ring to Levi. He is starring back at her, his eyes fulls of love and hope.

"I..It's beautiful.." She chokes out. Levi nods and takes the ring out of the box. "Yet it's beauty still doesn't compare to yours, my love." He hands the ring to her and smirks. "Take a look inside."

As she takes it, she notices her hands are shaking a little. Squinting, she could see something that looked like tiny cursive letters engraved. After a moment, she made out their initials, L.E.R & E.E.R.

A single tear rolls down her cheek and Levi reaches over and wipes it away with his fingertip.

"I love you Evie, I really do." He whispers. She sniffles and nods.

"Yes! Yes, Levi, yes!" He smiles and takes the ring, slipping it on her ring finger on her left hand. She pulls him close and kisses him softly. He leans over her, grabbing a hold of her sides. After a moment, Levi leans back slightly, breathless.

"Damn babygirl, I love you." She giggles and winks at him. "Take me now then, Mr. Sexy." He rolls his eyes and attacks her with kisses. He kisses her neck, tummy, thighs, and her sweet, sweet lips.

Things were finally coming together and they were together, they were perfect; perfectly in love. In those few moments, Evelyn truly believed that love could over come anything; even dumbass exes, distance, and their own ability to communicate. So Evelyn had one though as Levi softly bit her bottom lip and brought her farther into his lustful spell. Game on future, game on.