CHAPTER ONE | SWIMMING ON LAND

There's a reason for not mentioning his name, friends.

He had never liked mornings, no. Something about the rise of cats in such an hour had never made complete sense to him and to be honest, he preferred to sleep in. Saying this, he didn't believe that the others shared his opinion. How did he figure that out? Raven and Fade always seemed to be padding around in hurry, mummering something new every morning and perhaps even trying to wake him up. Mousebrains. Eh, it was their life anyways. He was just living his in a better way.

"You know, it would be nice to give me a break. I'm not a kit featherbrain. Give me something here." Cream joked as she padded up from behind him. "Now leave! We don't want you to be sitting around all day again."

He glanced over his shoulder and his eyes twinkled in amusement, "You never know, maybe you shall

He glanced over his shoulder and his eyes twinkled in amusement, "You never know, maybe you shall." He teased. And despite his words, the tom rose to his paws and glanced over to his mate with a begger's face. "Fine." He gave in, "But I'll be back."

The she-cat smirked, nudging the tom's shoulder before starting away. "Sadly." She sighed with a small chuckle. "Better bring back a mouse if he do!"

The loner only rolled his eyes as he began on his way. He didn't exactly know where he was going yet, but he would surely find his way. It wasn't like he didn't know his way around the abandoned twoleg shelter anyways. And in so, he simply padded on blindly, oblivious to the path of which he would eventually take. Perhaps the pond, or Claw tree? Maybe the bramble hollow.

The loner eventually settled on the river. It wasn't because he wasn't hungry and certainly not to catch a mouse, but to relax. Times had been busy the last few moons and although keeping up, things were. . . different now. Different wasn't bad of course, but the change was a little off-putting. That's why he chose the river -- for the rocks of which he could rest on while baking in the sun. Something comforting and ideal in a time of distress.

It was a while until he settled down onto a rock, as things had been. . . unexpected. For starters, he literally slid into the water when he launched himself onto the first rock. That wasn't fun. Next, he got stuck between two rocks that were, to his annoyance, too tight for a cat of his age. And then, the rock was taken over by the river. Now that was just rude.

He shook his head, slightly annoyed as he stumbled off the rocks. If it was possible, he had a complaint for Mother Nature. But that was besides the point. The big picture was how he was going to do with the cat who stood in front of him and was now staring at him. The bad thing? He wasn't even laughing at his fail. Hmpf!

The tom stood still, but his tail wavered from side to side against his paws. His dark fur laid against his pelt, as did his ears, and observed him. Why was this cat even here? Ugh, another kittypet? Wait, no. That wasn't it. This cat smelled differently. But of who?

This cat smelled of pine and mint; of fallow and sage. Nevertheless, this cat smelled absurdly to his nose. So this wasn't a kittypet. Hmm, perhaps one of the rogues. But as he peered closer, he discovered something wrapped around his paw. Cobwebs? He thought in confusion, tilting his head. The only cats who used those were . . .

"Why are you on our territory?" The tom meowed rudely. What was wrong with this cat and who ruffled his fur? Gah, the tom didn't have to be a foxheart.

"Um," He started, "Maybe I'd be more inclined to answer that in a nicer tone." He wasn't wrong at this, no. The mysterious cat could have been nicer. Well that or gave a reason why he was so curious about his business being here.

The tom only lashed his tail at this, shooting a cold glare at him-- one of which he simply shrugged off-- before answering. "Why are you on FallowClan territory?" He specified.

The loner rolled his eyes, lifting his paw and licking it leisurely. He could feel the cat's annoyance radiate through the air and in so, decided to make him wait a bit longer before properly responding.

"Well, I was trying to sunbathe on those rocks, but that didn't end up happening." He elaborated frowning. "And then I found you so you can guess what happened from there. If not, well, oh well."

The tom stared at him for amount before bursting into a fit of laughter that rocked his body

The tom stared at him for amount before bursting into a fit of laughter that rocked his body. It was amusing, to say and he watched it in a mixture of confusion due to his constant life of being antisocial and happiness.

"H- how does one not be able to climb those rocks?" He said, stuttering breathlessly through his words. His words were almost mocking, but when filled with laughter, it lightened the tone. "How?" He repeated. "How did you fail leaping onto them? All you had to do was sit."

He stared blankly at this tom, somewhat offended. "Excuse me for not following your wish." He grumbled. "I'm not you."

He couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at his own fail, thinking of what had happened earlier. And to add to that? His fur was still damp from the freezing river. Welp, there was something else too. His fall had caused the fish to all be scared away. Oh well, guess no lunch for him. At sunhigh too! He thought in his hangry state (( yes -- hungry x angry )).

The tom gave a small smile as he sat up straight and tilted his head at him. "So." He started, "Who are you?"

"A loner." He retorted, rolling his eyes. "And I believed that you clancats were supposed to be smart."

The tom looked offended at this, yet he only shook his head quietly. "Well, HeatherClan is known to be quite featherbrained. We, on the other hand, are different." He explained. "And besides, I didn't mean that. I meant to ask who you are."

He shrugged, glancing at the bank of the river and blinked. "I thought that you wanted to know why I was in your territory." He replied teasingly. "But perhaps I'll tell you."

The tom groaned, rolling his eyes. "And I thought that outside clan cats were supposed to be ruthless and scary. Guess we both thought wrong." He replied smoothly.

He glared at the cat, raising an eyebrow. Who exactly did this cat believe he was? One who had bees in his brain if anything.

"I'm Gorsewing." He introduced cheerfully. "I'm a warrior of FallowClan." His introduction was short, but right to the point. Something of which he appreciated.

"Then I guess that I'm Pepper."