Chapter One

Summary!

When Leah, a sixteen year old orphan gets adopted by an old lady, her life goes upside down. Follow Leah in her gurney of a life that has been turned upside down.

Do you think you could live Leah’s life?

Chapter One!

I look at the odd old lady. Why would she want to adopt me? I’m not pretty, or smart, or a child. I’m not anything that people usually look for when they adopt kids. So why would she want to adopt me?

The ton of why questions swirl around my head. I realize that I am staring at the old lady and that her brown eyes were looking into my blue-grey eyes. “LEAH! Are you listening?” I heard the owner of the orphanage, Jane, hiss at me while pulling her long red hair up in a ponytail. I looking to her green eyes which have mascara and eye liner placed darkly around them.

“Huh? Yeah I am. But can I ask, why would you want to adopt me?” I ask the old lady.

“Leah, don’t be rude, she can adopt whoever she wants, whenever she wants.” Jane scolded me.

“Sorry but I was just curious.” I said while looking down into my lap, I am quite shy so I don’t like a lot of attention on me.

“Don’t worry about it girls, it’s fine. I picked you because you are perfect.”   The old lady interrupted our mini argument. I look up at the old lady confused at what she meant.

“Perfect for what exactly?” I ask with worrying thoughts running through my mind.

“No need to worry my darling, no need to worry at all. You will find out what you are perfect for soon enough. Now we just need to get these forms signed, then you can come and move into your new home and then everything can get started.” The old lady said with a smile that made my skin crawl.

Jane left the room for a few minutes to go and get the paper work that was needed and a pen. The old lady kept staring at me and it was making me uncomfortable. I open my mouth to ask her to stop but Jane came back into the room with the paperwork so I close my mouth.

“Sorry that I am unorganized. Usually I have everything in place. Okay, so you need to sign here and….” I zoned out while Jane told the old lady what to do and where to sign.

After everything was signed and organized, I went to my room to collect everything I own, which really was a little amount of stuff because I have lived in the orphanage all my life thinking I will get adopted soon. I placed it all into a duffle bag and walked to the door way of the room.

I turn back around and stare at the room that I had lived in all my life, it looked so empty and lifeless. I see the drawings on the walls that I had done with the other kids that had lived at the orphanage and had been adopted. I glance around my room one more time to make sure I had everything and then I left.

When I get to the bottom floor of the orphanage (it is a two story building if you must know) Jane was standing at the front door alone with tears gathering up in her eyes. I look out the front door to see the old lady in her car, obviously waiting for me. I walk up to Jane and drop my duffle bag and give her a giant hug. No matter what we have been through, she has always been like a mother to me.

“I cannot believe you are leaving me now, promise me you will call or something?” Jane said as a rouge tear slipped out of her left eye. I lifted my hand and wiped it away.

“I promise with all my heart that I will keep in contact with you no matter what. Promise me that all the cute kids here get adopted by good parents and don’t end up like me and have to live here until they are 16, it isn’t a bad thing but yeah, just promise me.” I reply tearing up again.

“Okay, I promise, now you better go, Elsie looks like she is getting a bit impatient. Oh and that is her name by the way, Elsie, I don’t know where I have heard the name before… but yeah, see ya’ kid, hopefully soon.” Jane ended her blabber with a little chuckle. I give her one last, quick hug, pick up my duffle bag and head out the door to my new life as an adopted child.

***

Hey Everyone, so I am uploading my second story on wattpad (excluding 'lyrics'...) So tell me what it is like.

Please do keep it in mind that I am new at this!

Please tell me if there are any mistakes c:

Also on the side, if i can work out how, I'm going to put up a slide show of covers for this story, so can you possible vote for the one you like best?

Well that is the end of my blabber... I think...

Vote?

Comment?

Fan?? 

Love from x0x0_GossipGoat <3<3

 P.S. I will update this story ever week!

***

All Rights Reserved

***