Dangan Ronpa IF (Part 5)

In front of the first floor gates.

Mukuro Ikusaba made her way forward, luckily managing to avoid Oogami and Oowada. She proceeded uninterrupted to the second largest space in the school after the gymnasium--the entrance hall with the sealed gates.

And as soon as she arrived, Monobear popped out from the shadows and stood in her way, his silhouette entirely out of place in the hall resembling a nuclear bunker, heavy artillery and all. He twisted his balloon-like body, snickering condescendingly.

"Upupupu... I wonder what kind of fun you were having in the infirmary? Did you take care of your rival in love, or did you wish them a happy marriage? Either

way, don't you think our nice guy Naegi standing side-by-side with Kirigiri makes for a wonderful picture? If this were a thriller, they'd be the last surviving couple!"

"..."

"Well, I guess they'd still die at the end, though! The serial killer turns out to have been alive after all! Splat! Goes their blood! Plop! Goes their skin! I'm a huge fan of bait-and-switch you-thought-you-were-alive-but-DEATH!-ending-nations. ... Wait, where'd 'nation' come from?!" Monobear complained angrily, but Ikusaba was not shaken. She glared at him, cold and sharp as a shard of ice, as though waiting for him to continue.

"Upupupu... That aside, I'm so unbearably sad... Our peaceful school life is being overturned by a delinquent rule-breaking teenager. Say goodbye to your failure of a headmaster here. I'm going to Monobear-Evolve into a Big Magnum Headmaster and bring you back to the straight and narrow, young lady!"

As soon as he finished speaking, Monobear drew his steel claws and pitterpattered towards Ikusaba.

"And if I want to bring you back, then that must mean I have to kill you first!"

Just before he ended his sentence. Monobear sped up in the blink of an eye and charged at Ikusaba like a missile. She had no trouble dodging this attack, but Ikusaba put slightly more distance between herself and Monobear in case his claws could be extended.

But yet another figure appeared beside her.

"!"

Ikusaba twisted her body to the limit as she evaded the newcomer's attack by a hair's breadth. When she landed on the floor again a moment later, she was greeted by a surreal scene.

("Upupupupu... So, what does our immortal killing machine want? Are you gonna tell the others the truth and escape this school? Even though you know what's waiting outside?")

Two Monobear units were saying the same thing to her at the same time.

("You know, I don't really care if you do. I bet it'll be amazing and exciting to see their faces once their relief at surviving turns to despair at reality! They'll be scrambling to come back inside!") The two Monobears said in stereo sound. ("You said you'd destroy my plans, but there's no way you can reach the good ending. You're one of the people who sealed off that route in the first place!")

"..."

("You know there's no way they're gonna thank you, right? You can all step out together, but you won't be able to act so high-and-mighty once they start breathing in that polluted air. Forget forgiveness, some of them might get angry and try to come back inside, and some of them might blame you for telling them the awful truth! But then again, you are to blame for everything. Sowwy, Monobear's made a widdle mistake!")

Even though Ikusaba was facing down two difficult opponents, her mask did not crack. She had understood that Junko Enoshima could control two Monobear units at once with ease.