a wounded angel is smiling at me

so so sorry for taking like a month to update omg

to make up for that i give u all a teensy bit of cuteness and less emotional--

ness

enjoy!

V I T R E O U S - E I G H T
atlas

"Everyone," Jill said, standing front and centre in the middle of the cafeteria. She brushed her atrocious blood coloured hair behind her shoulders and waved her hands about, catching other's attention.

A tight smile spread across her lips, and her forehead creased as she raised both her eyebrows. "It's Wednesday, and you all know what that means?"

She didn't continue her sentence at all; she moved away from the centre of the cafeteria and left the room. Everyone started standing up and bringing their trays to the deposit.

I turned to Arrow, who was standing up as well and lifting -- with what seemed to take much strength -- his tray with his hands.

"Arrow," I said quietly. He seemed to smile the smallest bit at the sound of his name. "Arrow, what's going on?"

I stood up as well, confused but deciding to follow everyone else, and brought my tray to the deposit behind Arrow. He hadn't answered me yet.

"Arrow?" I said sharply.

He turned around from the deposit and looked me straight in the eyes with absolutely no emotion in his pale ones. He squinted them slightly and the corner of his mouth tugged upwards.

"What month is it?" He asked me, leaning his head forwards just a little.

"I- I don't know? What's going on?"

"What month was it when you came here?" He asked, completely ignoring my question and beginning to walk with the rest of the group, staring straight ahead.

"It was. . . probably October or something I hardly remember. Arrow, please tell me what's happening." I begged.

"Calm down, Atlas. You're going to be fine." He said, turning his head my way but not looking at me at all. He hardly ever did; I felt like he didn't like to look people in the eyes.

"Arrow what the hell?" I protested. "Don't be an asshole, I swear to God--"

"They're letting us out, Atlas." He interrupted me. My heart leaped against my rib cage, I could feel my palms begin to get groggy.

"They-- they're what?" The beating in my chest accelerated and I felt my stomach wrench. They couldn't be letting us out.

"For a walk," he chuckled. "I wish they were letting us out for real."

I immediately felt the middle area of my chest plummet downwards, and my hands wrenched themselves together in front of me. I was devastated to say the least.

"Oh," was all I could manage to say. I needn't say anything more than that because I simply couldn't find words to express the sadness that I felt.

Arrow didn't seem to care for my loss of joyful emotion; he only kept walking alongside me, slightly swinging his skeletal arms beside his body.

I only noticed now that his posture was awful. His brittle neck was stretched forwards with the weight of his head, and his shoulders were hunched. Even though it was simply his posture, it almost seemed he was -- to put it accurately -- insecure.

I didn't bother to ask him about it though, because I knew I walked the same way and I knew I would utterly despise being asked about it.