Missing

Hey! Thanks for reading this! Comment, vote, fan! thanks! and at the end please comment! i really want to know what you think of the story (: *** Thats all folks! hehe now get to reading! -A/N

"I saw it! I saw it Alyson! He fell into the lake!" Zach said, practically screaming in my ear.

"Shhh Zach come on now, enough of this already. I've heard you say this almost every day since Jacob went missing." I felt a pinch in my gut at the mention of my brother's name.

"Why doesn't anyone believe me?" he asks, stomping his foot to the carpeted floor. "I thought you actually cared about Jacob! That's why I came to you... everyone else just keeps calling me a little kid who doesn't understand anything!" Zach scrunched up his nose in disgust.

I looked down and met his tear filled eyes and sighed, "Okay, tell me." Honestly I'm tired of hearing about my brother which is hard to admit. But it seems that everyone is constantly asking me questions, even the police.

"Has he made any enemies recently?" one of them asked.

"Was he acting strangely that morning?"

"Did you ever feel like he was trying to tell you something?"

He's eight for heaven sakes! He wasn't thinking anything other than playing with Zach.

Jacob has been missing for 34 days, just over a month.

"Go for it Zach, what happened?" I said, reminding him that I was willing to hear his story.

"Well you know how we were going to the docks that day, right? I saw this really shiny thing down at the bottom of the lake. It was so cool that I pointed it out to Jacob."

"And...?" I asked, trying not to be too pushy  yet still wondering.

"Well that's the thing! I don't know what happened after that!" Zach yelled, his arms now up in the air with the universal 'I don't know'.

"Well it's no wonder no one will believe your story." I mutter, beginning to turn away.

"No, no wait! But I can tell you what I saw. I just don't understand it." I can tell he's uncomfortable with admitting he doesn't know something. What can you do? That's how my brother thought... before he disappeared.

"Ok, go for it." I tell him, turning my attention back to him.

He nodded his head and had the smuggest expression a 10 year old can have. "Well then! So as I was saying before, I saw this coin and sho-"

"Skip all that and go to what you haven't said yet." I tap my foot, ready to get back to staring out my window and... doing nothing. My face twists up and I shake my head, trying to rid my mind of my boring afternoon.

"Fine," he said, trying to roll his eyes but ended up turning his head in a circle too.

"Well Jacob got down on his knees," Zach bent down on the ground, demonstrating. "Then he stuck like his WHOLE arm down in the water trying to get it the shiny thing. I guess he leant too far cause then he fell! But the water wasn't THAT deep. Just up to my knees!" He said, pointing to where his knees were.

"If that was true then he would just be in the water." I said, ready for the conversation to be over. Already imagining myself in the comforatable counch next to the window, I smile.

"Your wrong! I saw him disappear! It was right after he touched the shiny thing!" Zach yells, jumping up from the sidewalk in front of my house and getting as close possible to my ear.

"Ow my ear! I thought I told you to be quiet-" Then what he said began to sink in. "Wait... he what?"

Zach looks satisfied that I was finally interested. "Yep he just went poof but the shiny thing is still down there in the bottom of the lake. I didn't want to go anywhere near it!" He bends his head down, his foot scuffing the ground. "Well technically I didn't run away... just walked away super fast!"