Chapter 35

After me and Josh got back to his house I immediately drove back to my mother's house. When I walk inside my sister and her boyfriend are laying on the couch together watching a movie. "Lydia!" Candice stands up from the couch and runs over to me. "Where have you been? I've been waiting for you." The words rush out as Candice speaks.

"I was talking to Josh." My sister's face turns into a frown.

"Let's go to your room and talk."

We walk up to my room and sit on the bed together. "Okay now tell me about this talk with Josh." She leans in making it clear that I have her full attention.

"It actually went well. He told me what happened when he cheated on me. He's married to that girl now and I have closure now from talking to him."

Candice raises her eyebrow at me. "What is this that happened when he cheated on you?" She asks me.

"He was friends with this girl Amy then they ended up falling for each other. He had no intention of hurting me. Candice, the same thing that happened between Josh and Amy happened to me?" My sister looks at me obviously confused.

"What do you mean?" She looks at me for an answer.

"I met this guy Harry and I was friends with him at first while I was with Niall then me and him fell for each other and I ended up cheating on Niall." I tell her.

"Are you with Harry now?" She asks.

"Not really. It's complicated between us right now but I love him Candice." A smile appears on her face.

"If you love this guy then why are you here talking to me instead of him? It doesn't matter how complicated things get. If you love each other then you will be able to get through anything as long as you try." Candice gives me a small hug. "I want you to bring Harry with you next time so I can meet him. Me and Kyle will living here for a few months so make sure you bring him." Candice's smirk makes me smile.

"Okay I will."

..........

"Thank you for coming Lydia." My mom wraps her arms around me.

"I'm glad I came. It was great to see everyone." I smile at my family. My dad gives me a quick hug.

Candice grabs me and hugs me tight. "Don't forget to bring Harry." She says making me laugh. I grab my suitcase and say my last goodbye before walking onto the plane.

..........

As soon as I get off of the plane I go to my car and drive to Harry's house.

I run up the brick steps and knock on the front door. When Harry opens the door his eyes go wide. "Lydia..." I take a step toward him and wrap my arms around his neck pressing our lips together. He wraps his arms around me pulling me close.

"I missed you Harry. I'm so sorry I kissed Niall. I love you and I had no intention of hurting you. You are the most amazing guy I have ever met. I never want to lose you Harry." I ramble. Harry softly laughs at me. He takes a step closer to me and pushes my hair behind my ear.

"It's okay Lydia. I missed you and I'm just glad that you're back, standing here with me." He smiles and places a soft kiss on my lips. "Did you go to California?" Harry asks me.

"Yes." I answer him.

He grabs my wrist and pulls me to sit with him on the couch. "How was it?" He swings his arm around me and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"It was great. I'm so glad that I went and I'm even happier to be with you right now." I look up at Harry and smile. He leans down and kisses my forehead.

"I love you Lyd." He whispers.

"Niall was worried about you." Harry tells me and tightens his grip around me.

"Why?" I look up at Harry.

"He went to your house and you weren't there. He talked to Ellie and she told him you said you needed to stay away. Niall thought you had just left because of what Ellie said but I knew you had gone to California." The mention of Ellie brings up the conversation we had. She said cruel things to me and told me to stay away from everyone.

"I think I should go see him to let him know I'm back." I stand up from the couch.

"Okay do you want me to go with you?" Harry asks.

"No. Just stay here. I will be gone for no longer than an hour." I lean down and give Harry a quick kiss.

"Alright I'll be here when you get back." He smiles at me and I walk out the door.

When I get to Niall's house he is sitting on the front porch. I walk up to him and a big smile appears on his face. "What are you doing out here? It's freezing."

He laughs and looks up at me. "I burnt the pizza I was making and now it smells bad in there." My head rolls back as I laugh. I sit next to him and wrap my arms around myself trying to keep warm.

"Here." Niall takes off his jacket and wraps it around me. I grab the material pulling it tighter around my body.

"Harry said that you were worried about me." I look over at Niall.

"Yeah I went to your house a few times and you weren't there." He says.

"I was in California visiting my family." I tell him.

"Why didn't you answer my calls?" I was hoping he wouldn't ask that.

"I was...staying away I guess." Niall raises his eyebrow at me.

"Ellie told me about you saying you need to stay away. What is that about?" I look away from Niall.

"She told me to stay away." I confess to Niall.

"Why would she tell you to stay away?" He asks me.

"I went to her house after me and you kissed to just talk to a friend because of what was going on. She ended up yelling at me and saying cruel things. I have no idea why she did that. She was mad at me then went off on me. Then she told me to stay away from everyone." I tell him.

He looks at me and I can see the anger in his eyes. He stands up and walks off the porch. "Where are you going?"

Niall turns around. "I'm going to see Ellie. She is not going to get away with talking to you like that."

Niall's POV.

I walk up the steps to Louis and Ellie's house and bang on the door. When Ellie opens the door I immediately walk in. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I turn to Ellie and she looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Excuse me?" She places her hands on her hips.

"You told Lydia to stay away. You had no right to tell her to stay away!" I raise my voice at her.

"She broke Harry's heart and not to mention your's too!"

"As much as I hate to admit it she loves Harry more than anything. She felt terrible after kissing me and because of you she almost left him. I care about Lydia. I even love her but I also care about Harry. Wether you like it or not they love each other and are going to stay together." I say firmly.

"She has ruined this group! You and Harry were best friends and because of her you're not anymore." She snaps at me but her words bounce right off of me.

"You're right. Me and Harry are no longer best friends, but we both have Lydia. She has become a close friend to me and she has become someone that Harry loves." I tell her.

"And you're okay with that?" Ellie asks and looks at me for an answer.

"Yes, I am. Because everyone is happy. Well, maybe not everyone..." I smirk at Ellie making it clear that I am referring to her. "But I guess that is perfectly fine." Ellie's face shows the obvious shock that she is feeling.

I push past her and leave her standing there in her shocked state.