{10}

Hand In Hand

{•}{}{•}

Harley tried getting Shivani to crack a smile, laugh that lovely laugh again like she had gotten her to do in the first hour they'd met. But anything she said did nothing as her friend stared shamefully down at her heeled boots. Looking just as sad and depressed as she did back at Belle Reve. It felt good being all loopy and feeling crazy happy. It was almost like she was her old self again. But even that moment died out like a flame. She felt Diablo's stare and knew that he wanted to know what was wrong. Wanted her to share her pain with him.

"Come on beautiful, smile for me. Please. I hate seeing ya with that look on your face."

"Just leave her be." Diablo says. She does so with a pout on her lips. There was a small moment between the six of them. All in their own thoughts.

"No way..." Harley says her eyes looking toward the door in disbelief.

They all looked as Flag, Floyd walked back in with Amanda Waller. The others stand from their sears and circle around them. None seeming to happy about the fact this whole time they've been rescuing the woman who had them locked up. Shivani stayed where she was. Only giving a small glance at the dark skinned woman, sensing the immediate tension in the air.

"Let's go home." Flag said.

"Yeah. Let's go home. That sounds good. You guys wanna go home? Or do you wanna go back to prison?" Digger asked.

"I'm not going back to prison." Harley says.

"What I'm saying is...we kill the pair of 'em now before they kill us."

"I got this." Waller says pushing Katana back as she went for her sword. She looked at them all, "You all made it this far. Don't get high-spirited on me and ruin a good thing."

She held up her phone which held the same app that could detonate the bombs in their heads. Their faces were all on the screens flashing, minus Shivani's. Waller walked past them, bumping into Croc. She didn't spare a glance at the young woman who had her eyes trained on the ground.

"I like her." Croc said.

Everyone else started to walk out Harley stopped as Shivani got up from the couch and shuffled towards the door with everyone else. As they got to the roof a helicopter was there hovering outside and preparing to land.

"Savior one-zero, this is ground element." One of the Flag's men said into their coms.

She tucks her hands into the pockets of her cargo pants. Her dark hair lightly being blown back by the wind the chopper blades produced. Stretching her fingers while the vine under her jacket ravels and unravels itself on her arm. This was it. Time to go back to how her life was for the past ten months. Returning back to her cell with that creep Griggs grinning at her from the metal bars. Not seeing Harley, Diablo, Croc, Floyd, and Digger for who knows how long. That thought alone made her even more gloomy.