0.2

Hey guys, another quality meme for this chapter. Enjoy!

-

"Here," said Jace, handing her a couple of seraph blades. She put them in her belt along with her stele.
Jace had wanted to go hunting that morning. Alec said he was busy but she and Izzy were going. She could tell Alec not coming was bothering Jace.
"Hey," she said, putting an arm around him, "Alec isn't ignoring you. Remember, Chairman Meow is sick."
"I can feel something, Clary. He's my parabatai. And he would never miss a hunt, especially if he knew I really wanted to go." He said the last part quietly.
She sat on the table laid out with weapons, and pulled him toward her until he was situated between her legs.
"We're gonna go kill some demons and you'll feel better. Plus, you can always call him after. I'm sure he's fine, just wants to spend time with Magnus. After all, he almost lost him..." She was thinking of both when Magnus broke up with him and in Edom when the warlock was ready to give up his life to save the others.
"How do you always know how to make me feel at ease?" Jace asked, touching his forehead to hers.
"I'm just really good I guess."
"Yes you are," he said seductively and kissed her, pulling her closer.
"Oh c'mon you two, why do you have to do that everywhere?" Izzy came in, dressed in gear like Clary and Jace.
"It's love, Izzy, surely you know what that is," Jace said, and winked, hinting at Simon.
"Well it's sickening, so can we go? I can't believe we're demon hunting just a week after we finished a war, ridiculous..." she stalked off, grabbing weapons on the way and left Clary and Jace to follow her.
"That was...weird," Clary admitted.
Jace only looked ahead and nodded.

-

They wound up somewhere not far from Java Jones, in an alley that reminded her of the day Jace came to take her to the Institute.
It was clear he remembered too. He grinned at her quickly, a wild, crazy grin that was only on his face when he was about to kill a demon.
Izzy took out her Sensor, and frowned. "What is it?" Jace asked.
"It's broken, fizzled out. It was fine when we left. That's impossible, how did this happen?"
Right as she finished her sentence, a loud and ever terrifying scream came from behind them, towards the end of the alleyway. The sound was like a mixture of a machine yard and a car crashing into something. Slowly, a creature started coming over the brick wall, with legs like a spider and a face like scorpion.
But what came after it was even more terrifying. A column of black smoke that took the shape of a man rose into view. She only saw two green eyes in the blackness. She was so mesmerized by them she almost didn't hear Jace yell, "Run, Clary!" and take her by the arm, leading her toward the street.
She couldn't tell you how long they ran. It felt like hours. They almost got ran over in traffic. In the time they were running, she thought that she had never heard Jace sound more panicked than he did back there. And the look on his face now was one of pure worry.
Clary would be worried too, if only should could get those green eyes out of her head. They looked so familiar.
She was shaken out of her thoughts when another scream came from behind them. She looked behind her and realized a second too late the creature was about to jump on her.
Clary saw Jace's mouth move in a way that looked like "Clary!", but all she could hear was the song she and Jace had played last night on the piano, ringing in her ears.
"The eyes," was the only thing she could say.
-

"Magnus! Magnus! Open the damn door, it's an emergency!"
Jace was panicking. The unconscious Clary in his arms was leaving a blood trail too large not to worry about.
The door opened for them to go up, and Jace ran up the stairs with Izzy trying to keep up. He didn't bother to knock when they reached Magnus's apartment, only stormed in and lay Clary on the couch. He took his stele out and started drawing an iratze on her forearm, but it faded as soon as he'd finished.
Before he could start yelling, Magnus was beside him, pushing Jace out of the way so he could work. Alec, who Jace hadn't noticed until then, took Jace and Izzy by their arms and dragged them into one of the guest rooms.
"What the hell is going on? What happened?" he asked.
"A demon, I don't even know what kind it was," Izzy explained while Jace tapped his boot against the floor impatiently. "There was something else there too, it might have been a Greater Demon.We ran but they caught up to us and caught Clary."
Jace felt his heart skip at Clary's name. What if she was dying? What if he lost her? It was all his fault. He wanted to go hunting, and now his girlfriend was dying.
"JACE."
He snapped his head up and realized Alec had been saying his name. "I don't care how it happened. I know what you're thinking, but this is not your fault." Jace didn't answer, just spun around on his heel and headed back to the living room, all the while words shooting through his head like bullets:
Your fault, your fault, your fault.