It's Hard to be Popular

I walk across the crowded cafeteria. I can feel people staring at me. Heads turn, boys walk up to flirt, and girls ignore me because they're jealous.

It's strange I never thought about being popular before it happened. I was content being the book girl who enjoyed theatre and contemporary dance. Then after the opening night of our schools preformance of Grease my whole life shifted.

Suddenly everyone wanted to be my friend, be my boyfriend, my partner for projects in school, but most of all people wanted to be me. I had been so wrapped up in my private world after the first preformance of Grease I didn't even notice all the girls swooning over some incredidble celebrity, talent scoping for his next movie.

Finally the big celebrety comes over to talk to me I look up and it's none other than John Trovolta. Then he said the one sentence that swept my life off to a new standard. " You're playing Sandy in my remake of Grease."

Then he walked out of the theatre. The whole cast stared at me open mouthed. One more thing to make them hate me.

Okay saying I wasn't popular at all before the movie isn't exactly true. I'm the captain of our cheerleading team and am dating the most popular and handsome guy in California. But people still didn't count me as popular.

I was the captain of the cheerleading team because i'm the only one with more than 1 year of dance training. I've had thirteen years to be exact. Girls hate me because I have the perfect body and gorgeous blond hair. What can I say i'm a California Gurl. ( Which also happens to be the song for a new routine i'm working on). But i've never ever tried to be popular. I usually keep to myself and stay out of trouble.

Now it seems I never will especially when everyone turns their back on me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was written two years ago and is not great. I like the idea so i am going back to it. Rest of the chapters should be longer and better written.

Feedback is welcome. IF your interested i'll write you a part into this story. I love using my fans ideas and twisting them a bit. THanks! Have a lovely day!