Rabbit Heart. [Harry Potter]

Dedicated to insertwittynamehere for inspiring me with her multiple marvelous Harry Potter fanfics :)

"Dia, don't fidget with your dress," My mum tells me, sternly. I feel her soft hand land on my shoulder, keeping me in check.

The Burrow is already greeting other guests that have arrived. Nervousness creeps up in my throat, making my knees knock together.

"Why are we here again?" I ask, quietly, starting to shrink in between my tall parents.

"Because the Weasley's have been good friends of ours from the beginning. They invited us to the wedding, and I promised Arthur I'd be there to see little Bill get marred." Dad answers, repeating the story he's told me these past two days.

I've only met the Weasley's once, when I was very young. I can vaguely remember meeting their children. Fred, George, Ron and Ginny were all around my age. While our parents talked inside, I was busy outside getting chased by Fred and George.

But now we've all grown up. I doubt they even remember me. Yet, my parents are still dragging me to this wedding, where I'll know no one.

Music plays faintly, as we approach a very large, white tent, where the ceremony will be held. As I keep my head down, following behind my parents closely, I can hear jumbles of french from the others. The language is quite fascinating, the smoothness to it. I can't help but to find myself just listening into conversations that I have no idea what is being said.

Deep in concentration, I don't notice when a pair of arms finds its way around me, engulfing me in a tight hug.

"My, my, Dia. How you've grown," The woman says, sounding as if she was crying, says, patting my head. I look up to meet eyes with a short, stout red-haired woman. Stress has taken over every one of her features, but still, she smiles warmly at me.

"Dia, you remember Mrs. Weasley, right?" Mum asks me.

I see a look that isn't very familiar on my mum's face. She rarely smiles, and is always on a serious note. But now, the corners of her lips are turned up and she appears to be glowing. It makes me smile, to see her so happy.

"Please, it's Molly," Mrs. Weasley insists, with a wave of her hand. "You have no idea how happy we are that you could make it. It's really been too long." She says, cheerfully to my parents.

"Are those the Westwicks that I see?" A voice booms from behind us. We turn around to see another redheaded man, smiling at us. Beside me, my dad lets out a hearty laugh.

"Arthur, you fool, get over here!" He shouts, and meets Arthur Weasley with a large hug.

Mum and Molly laugh to each other and start into a conversation, catching up. Dad and Arthur nearly mimic them, looking like teenage boys. Silently, I stand there, pretending not to notice people staring at me as they make their way into the large, white tent.

Out of the corner of my eye, I watch as a pair of incredibly bright people approach the tent. The girl, who appeared around my age, scurries off to the yard, examining the place in much detail. The man, who I enquire is her father, approaches my father and Arthur.

Arthur gives him a firm handshake and my father looks exceptionally pleased to be meeting him. I find his bright yellow robes quite interesting; indeed an odd choice to wear to a wedding.

"Oh, Dia dear, you must be bored out of your mind. Ronald, you remember him don't you? Well, he's seating the guests, and Fred and George are in there. They'll be so happy to see you." Molly Weasley turns to me, and places her hand on my back, ushering me to the opening of the tent.