Fox Tail: Chapter One - Domivat

Lucy walked inside a bar, the chains in her clothes and her weapons tingled with every step, her heavy boots stomping the floor with loud bumps. Her fur shone weakly due to the bad lighting of the bar.

She swished her tail and sat on a high chair on the bar’s counter, keeping her black cloak’s hood on, she slightly moved her finger to call the bartender’s attention and ask for a drink.

-         Give me a strawberry vodka please. – she said in a low voice

The bartender looked at her with a soft smile and started preparing her drink as she looked down to the wooden counter.

-         In the rocks? – He asked, holding an ice cube over the mixer.

She nodded and her ears perked slightly under her hood when the ice fell. He started shaking the drink, poured it into a glass and then placed it in front o her.

-         Thanks. – She flipped a coin which landed on the bartender’s paw.

-         Not at all. Thank you. – He smiled – New around here? – he asked with his right brow raised, looking at her with his feline eyes.

Her sky-blue eyes fixed on his when she raised her head, her muzzle was now slightly lighted and her nose twitched softly.

-         There haven’t been that many vixens around here in the bar. – he said

-         I didn’t see that many leopards around here either you know? – She smirked – specially snow leopards.

-         Hehe. Name’s Martin. – He introduced himself – you?

-         Lucy, pleasure to meet you Martin. – she sipped her drink slowly

-         Same here Lucy. – He smiled – So, are you here to stay or just passing by?

-         Just passing by for a drink. – She answered calmly – To be quite honest… I’m actually looking for a place to stay for the night. – She looked up at him- Know anywhere I can stay?

-         Mhm. – he nodded – There’s an Inn not far away from here called “The Sleepy Goat”.

-         What a lovely name for an Inn – she chuckled and set down her empty glass. – Thanks again Martin.

-         No problem Lucy. See you around. – he winked and she chuckled again.

She climbed down onto the floor and walked to the door, opened it and the night’s soft breeze rushed in the bar. She went outside after pulling her hood down again to cover her muzzle.

The moon’s pale light gave a slightly spooky, although beautiful look to everything.

Lucy’s steps made a thumping sound each time her paw was set on the floor as she walked down the street slowly, her hands shoved in her pants’ pockets, her cloak covering her all her body.

A paw was rested on her shoulder and she stopped walking.

-         Remove your paw from my shoulder immediately. – she said in a loud, though calm tone.

-         Who are you? – A male’s voice was heard – you’re not from this town are you?

-         That is none of your business so remove your paw from shoulder, now… - she warned.

-         Huh? Who do you think YOU are to boss me around eh? – He tugged on her shoulder and turned her around.

-         I’m someone with who you shouldn’t mess with. – she grinned.