A Chance To Blush

A Chance to Blush

 Nate tip-toed around his bedroom cautiously, so he wouldn’t wake up the sleeping beauty. He had woken up on his couch, his back aching and his neck knotted. And he knew he would do it all over again.

He walked towards the bathroom, grabbing shorts and a pair of boxers from his dresser on the way. He glanced at his bed to make sure the beauty hadn’t been disturbed. Satisfied with the lack of movement coming from his bed he closed the door to his bathroom and showered.

***************************************

He strolled out of the misty bathroom and was hit with the smell of pancakes and bacon. He followed the smell to the kitchen to find Willow cooking with her back to him. She was humming a tune and shaking her hips. He pulled out a chair quietly and watched her dance around. 

He didn’t care if he was caught for he was mesmerized by Willows beauty.

She continued to twirl around, however one twirl too many had her heading towards the floor. She put arms out and closed her eyes waiting for the impact. She didn’t feel it; however she did feel the same muscular arms that were around her just a couple of days ago saving her from the impact of the ocean. She looked up at Nathan blushing.

“I seemed to be saving you a lot lately.” Nate said with a teasing smile. Although the last accident was no laughing matter this one certainly was.

Willow ignored his statement and pushed on his shoulder to straighten them up.

“Um… I didn’t see you come in.”

Nate laughed and ignored her sentence too.

“So what’s cookin’ good lookin’?”

Willow blushed again, it seemed as though Nate could always get her too blush and smile now. It was a big improvement from what it was like in high school. But she kept telling herself not to dwell on those bad memories.

Nate’s smile widened at the blush creeping up Willow’s neck and couldn’t help but be proud. This day looked like it was going to be an outstanding day and for that he was grateful.

“Pancakes want some?” Willow asked.

“Yes please,” Nate replied.

Nate ate his pancakes while Willow finished up the bacon. With a mouth full of food Nate asked what Willow wanted to do that day.

“Um I don’t care. What do you have in mind?” Willow turned her head to looked at Nate over shoulder.

Nate thought about it for a second and then looked at Willow who was looking at him expectantly.  Nate grinned and finished his last bits of pancakes and jumped out of his seat. He strolled over to Willow kissed her on the cheek and stole a piece of bacon behind her back.  He then walked out of the kitchen yelling, “Be ready in an hour I have something planned” over his shoulder.

Not only was Willow dazed and confused, but she was blushing for the third time that morning because of Nathan Rain.

***********************************************************

Dedication to DoNotMicrowave because her story The Cell Phone Swap is absolute perfection.

VOTE. FAN. COMMENT

I know it has been a long wait, but I had a bad case of writers block :( Ill try to be faster this time. 

XOXO LIZZY