Chapter 4

Edward wasted no time in getting onto the air ship. Instead of going to the cockpit, he decided to take out the engines. Using all of his force he rammed the ship with a solid block of concrete and obsidian, things that were abundant in the under ground City.

With a loud crash the ship began to blow, with speed that matched that of a nuclear bomb. The ship was nothing but rubble in a matter of seconds. As Edward free fell through the sky he noted the corpse of the woman behind all this. Even if she survived the explosion she won't survive the fall.

"Good riddance..." Edward mumbled as he clapped his hands, quickly transmuting his coat into a parachute.

___________________________

"Edward!" Miranda screamed from the top f the building as she saw the ship explode, Edward had mentioned using a stupid method but taking himself out didn't seem his style.

"Look!" Alfonse pointed at a brown parachute drifting to the ground. Both blondes exchanged glances then ran back to the jeep. Driving like mad to the landing zone.

As they were driving they came across the five others running in the same direction. By the time they got there, almost nine people were sitting in their car.

"Ed!"

"Brother!"

"Fullmetal!"

"Edward Elric!"

"Edward!!"

When Edward looked up nonchalantly from his sitting position, he was tackled by his brother, followed by Winry. Then he got a bone crushing embrace from Armstrong.

"It's good to see you all too." He gasped happily.

________________________

Alfonse walked over to him with a prosthetic leg in hand.

"Let me guess, you weren't sitting down to be smug." He teases as he rolls up Edwards leg and begins to replace the fake limb. Edward snickers a bit, but everyone else looks worried.

"Replacing automail? In a place so unsanitary?" Winry asks looking at Edward, a little betrayed that he had someone else make him a leg.

"Auto Mail? that metal contraption you had years back?" Miranda asks taking a seat next to Alphonse. Both interestedly watching Alfonse put the new one on.

"Yea, well... Winry what did you expect? That I wouldn't need to replace it? I was still growing." Edward explained. Winry lets out an angry scoff.

"Doesn't seem like much!" She replies angrily, Edward smiled and stood up on his new leg. Winry had her eyes closed in an angry fit so didn't realize Edwards advance.

"God I missed you so much." He exclaims pulling her into a deep hug. Edward now towered Winry by at least a foot and a half.

"This is all fun and cute, buuut" Miranda began walking closer to Ed, resting a hand on his elbow.

"There's still a battle going on. We all need to get back to that Central place." She finished now in between the two friends. The others nod and they head back to the jeep. It was cramped and people kept hitting each other.

"Ok this isn't going to work, some of you will have to hold the sides." Miranda exclaims pulling over. Havoc, Breda, And Roy all volunteer to do so, now just one more.

"I'll do it." Edward says and moves toward the edge of the car to get on the side. Alfonse quickly stopped him.

"How about you not damage yourself anymore than you already have. Besides, you deserve to rest in a seat." He scolded Edward. After that Alfonse moved to take the side. They were back at central command in about 15 minutes.

________________________