Authors Note

Skeleton Keys

by J.D. Robinson (Sachula)

This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are products of the authors imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locals, or persons – living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

Story behind the Story:

I started Mary and Apollo's story back in November 2010 for National Novel Writing Month. After a read through, a few edits, and some deranged looks from my critique group, I set the novel aside for other projects.  It was a year later, right after National Novel Writing Month 2011, that I realized what was wrong with the manuscript, and pulled it out to start edits on it again. I hope that you enjoy Mary and Apollo's world as much as I do. ~ J.D. 

Cover Artwork:

The cover design was done by the very talented Shane Smith of http://www.karmalaundry.com. I was so excited the first time I saw the image of Mary's key that he'd drawn, I nearly cried. He captured it perfectly! 

Acknowledgements:

I'd like to thank Easy Going Scans.com for giving me a kick start on this project. Without their 3rd Writing Contest as a motivation, Skeleton Keys may have stayed in the closet for a while longer!  My thanks also goes out to the Monday Writing Group, Durham Voices, and my own critique group, Knee Deep in Words. Without them, I know I'd never reach my full potiental. I'd especially like to thank Sarra Cannon, Erica Reader, and Alok Baikadi for all your supprt, advice, and help on this project and those to come. And of course, I have to thank Shane Smith for such an amazing cover!  :P

I wouldn't be any where without the support, help and love of my wonderful husband. This work is dedicated to you, Joshua. Aishiteru.  

Wattpad, License Notes

All rights reserved, including the right to reproduce this book or portions thereof in any form whatsoever.

This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold, re-published or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please share the link provided or purchase an additional copy for each recipient when available. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

 Notes from the Author

1/16/14 - Towards the middle of 2012, we found out that my husband and I were expecting a little bundle of joy. And while I continued to write when I was pregnant, I was never happy with anything I wrote pertaining to Skeleton Keys. It truly is a story close to my heart, and in 2012/13, my heart wasn't completely into writing. I was just too tired! 

As we approach my son's first birthday, I'm finding my voice again, and it's returning stronger that I dreamed. I'm looking forward to continuing work on Skeleton Keys, and hopefully, seeing a full published version by the end of 2014. 

In light of the slight change in my writing, I've gone through and updated the previous chapters. The story hasn't changed, just some of the finer points and some of the wording. Please comment and tell me about all of your thoughts and opinions on Skeleton Keys. I love feed back, it makes me a stronger writer!

Copyright 2012 Sachula