"Rise and shine, Miss Matthews, it's time to get up, you've got a long day ahead of you". The nurse called out from the dark.

I heard her presence and decided to ignore it. I heard her not so gentle footsteps walk over to the window. I'll re-phrase that for you I heard her stomp to the window.She drew back the curtains letting the light flow in. I opened my eyes good and proper, this time allowing th light to flood through my vision.

"I don't feel like doing anything today, I think I'm ill". I whispered trying so badly to get into a deep sleep.

"Nice try Brooke but it is interactive day, which means socialising with people other than visitors. Not that you have many vistors but it helps to get out every once and a while". She explained now that she was standing in front of me.

"I think I'll pass getting to know people aren't really my thing now, I've tried it before and I only end up getting hurt." I replied and turned my head to look out the window. It looked like a sunny day but I looked further and saw a grey cloud up ahead. It doesn't surprise me every time I look out of the window it's raining, dull or foggy. I suppose it's just my bad timing.

"I'm sorry Brooke but it's compulsory, meaning that you have no choice but to go". She said crossing her arms.

I looked at her. Normally, I wouldn't give up but why not today. There is something different about it I can feel it. I mean how bad can interactive day be? I don't really want to go but what harm can it do to stop by. I'll sit in my little corner and mind my own business while everyone else socialises. That sounds like a good plan to me. I'll even grab a coffee on the way.

"I'll go on one condition; I want my coffee early if I'm going to get through this". I told her getting slowly out of bed.

"Ok, alright I'll get you your coffee.Oh, this is so great Brooke I think you'll love it! It'll be good for to get out there and plus we even have an interactive coach coming in. He's a nice lad I've heard, good looking as well according to the colleagues". She rambled to me.

I gave her my not interested face. She signed and gave me apologetic face.

"Sorry it's just you don't talk much and I was just trying to make conversation". She added to her sign.

"I understand". I agreed.

"Right, well it starts in an hour so I suggest you get your coffee ten minutes early, that's if you don't want to be late". She told me. I looked at her and then made my way over to the bathroom.

"I am never late everyone else is just simply early". I said joking in response.

"Alright, now don't get cocky with me young lady". She shouted at me. I giggled to myself realising being angry was not one of her strongest points.

"It was only a joke. Anyway, when I first came here you told me you had read my file so surely you should know that I am not a young lady and I am simply twenty-four". I answered.

"And at the height of your beauty you forgot to add". She added quickly.

I smiled. I looked over my nurse. My nurse was tall, slim and quite pretty. Her hair was a light brown with slight dark red highlights. Her face was more shaped than mine, toned but very pale. Her eyes where a unique green; I've never seen this colour before.

She cut me off. "Why are you staring at me?" She asked. I turned away from her quickly while getting out of bed.

"Sorry, I was just admiring your eyes". I admitted.I walked into the bathroom to grab my make-up bag.

"Their weird I know". She smirked looking down pretending to be ashamed.

"No not at all, I love them, they are what call unique, something that symbolises you". I confessed.