Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

3. Rules and Royalty

CHAPTER THREE – RULES AND ROYALTY

The Great Woods, London.

The next morning.

"Lady Georgiana don't ride too far ahead, we have strict orders to keep you safe, my lady."

With her long cape flowing elegantly behind her, Lady Georgiana ignored the shouts from her guards and forced her horse to gallop faster.

This was her favourite time in the day and she wasn't about to let the stupid guards get in her way.

You see, ever since the slaughter of their neighbouring royal family The King and Queen of Scotland, Georgiana's father - the King of England, had become a nervous wreck. He feared for the safety of his children and wife but also the safety of his people.

The attack on the Scottish royal family had been a shock and there was nothing he could do to help his dear friends and he regretted it for all that he was worth. The King and Queen were the only people the royal family of England had told about their baby girl and word quickly spread across the country that the Princess had escaped the castle somehow and was now in hiding.

Georgiana had only been two at the time and she could see that her parents were scared. Luckily her older brother, Alexander, helped look after her during the tense time. Whilst their mother and father were busy discussing the situation, Alexander had taken care of her daily needs even though they had servants and maids that were more than willing to help.

At only the age of five, Alexander had been forced to grow up early and care for his younger sister. He became determined to ensure she grew up happy like he had even if the times they lived in drew darker as the days went on.

When no anticipated attack happened on the Scotland castle, it took the King and Queen a while to recover from the terrifying fear.

Two years past and the Queen found herself pregnant with their third child. Upon the arrival of her baby girl, the Queen found herself mourning for the death of her most beloved friend, the late Queen Elizabeth. It was on her sweat covered bed, cradling her newest daughter that she decided to name her after her friend.

"What a beautiful idea my love, Princess Elizabeth sounds wonderful?" King William said pressing a light kiss on the new-born's forehead.

"Mama can we see her yet?" Little Georgiana sung as she skipped into the room followed closely by her older brother.

"Georgiana, I said not to let go of my hand!" A cross Alexander said as he came stomping into the room.

Georgiana giggled and ran around the large bed with Alexander chasing after her.

"Children please, you'll make your mother dizzy!" the King said firmly, his eyes following Alexander.

Alexander stopped abruptly and bowed his head, "Sorry father"

"You should be boy; do you not care for your mother's health at all?"

Georgiana had stopped her giggling and was looking at her father in fear.

"We're sorry father," she apologised timidly.

Her father turned and snapped at her, "Speak when spoken to young lady, have your maids not taught you anything!" His harsh tone had little Georgiana cowering back in fear, a few tears slipped down onto her cheeks.

"I don't have time for this; I have business to take care of." With that the impatient King stormed out of the bed chamber.

"Come up onto the bed children," the soothing voice of their mother filled their ears, "there's someone I'd like you to meet."