Chapter 23: I hate that I love you..

Safia's POV

We were driving for an hour now and he didn't say a word whilst he was driving. Where the hell was he taking me? I can't be home too late, I'll text Amin later that I'm studying at school with a friend. I looked at Brody and he still was concentrating on the road, not saying a word. Fuck this, I'm not going to let him take me somewhere where he can kill or do something else to me.

"Brody... Wh-where are.. y-you taking me?" I stuttered. My hands were sweating and I was holding my bag really tight.

"We'll arrive any minute now." He said not bothering to look at me. Maybe that's not a bad thing, I didn't want to get in a car accident also. You know when the person driving suddenly looks at his passenger and then 'bam' car-crash? Yeah.

The car stopped and Brody turned off the engine, he looked at me and demanded me to get out of the car.

I'm not a dog to be commanded at, I stayed in the car as he was already out of the car.

He opened the door on my side and looked at me annoyed.

"Get out Safia!" He practically shouted.

I did what he said followed by him grabbing my hand.

"No, don't touch me." I said looking directly into his cold blue eyes.

"I don't want you to run." he smirked and looked forward again.

I know that most people would be scared right now, but I wasn't. And I have no idea why I wasn't scared, he practically dragged me down to the middle of nowhere.

He stopped and let go of my hand, "We're here." he said looking forward.

I looked at him, watching him as his face relaxed. I then looked at what he was watching, the view.. Ma Sha Allah, I have never seen something more beautiful than this view. My eyes were inspecting every tree, every waterfall and every piece of green.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Brody said, still looking at the view, his eyes more open than ever before. 

"Euhm yeah.." I responded.

"I came here a few times after dad died, I found out about this place through my friend Zac.. It helps me relax and think straight."

"Oh, I didn't know." I didn't know what to say, what was I supposed to say?

Brody turned around to face me, he grabbed my hand again and pulled me to a bench that was located looking directly at the view. He sat down and petted the spot next to him, indicating me to sit besides him. I took a seat and was still looking at the beautiful view.

I felt Brody looking at me after a few minutes. I turned to look at him and we made eye contact for a few seconds before he said anything.

"I didn't post that photo, someone hacked my profile.. I deleted the photo as soon as I saw it." he said breaking eye contact, like he was hurt.

I didn't know what to say, I blamed him for things he hadn't done.

"That you actually believed that I would do that, hurts me. I needed you to trust me and you didn't." he said as I was looking at him while he was looking down.

"I-I", I sighed, "why didn't you tell me that at school, why force me to go with you, to this place?" I asked.

He looked at me

"First off, you didn't let me speak.. you ramble like somebody who hasn't spoken in a year. And second off, you're freaking stubborn!"

He was hurt and I was the cause. Seeing him like that killed me inside, I should've trusted him, I should've listened to him but no, I acted without thinking. Say something Safia! My mind was yelling, but I couldn't.. my lips were glued together.

While I was looking at Brody I saw him tearing up, I've never seen him cry.. not even when his dad died. Without thinking I grabbed his chin and lifted up his face so he would be looking at me. With my thumb I wiped away his tears and ordered him to stop crying.

"I'm sorry Brody really! I should've listened and trusted you!" I said. Now, I was the one crying. I looked down as I didn't wanted him to see me cry.

Now it was his turn, he lifted up my face, wiping the tears away. But he didn't remove his hand from my cheek, he was looking at me with red puffy eyes not saying anything. He leaned in closer and our foreheads were touching.

I was about to say something but he placed his index finger on my lips.

What was happening?

"I love you, and I hate that I love you, I hate it cause I know I can't have you." he whispered.

You what?!!

No he didn't just say that??

He pulled his finger back and moved away, he stood up and walked towards the edge to look at the view again.

He.. 'The Brody'.. He-he loves me.. But how?

You love him too Safia, don't you try to deny it.

Yeah, I like him and all.. but I don't love him, do I?

I got up from the bench and walked towards Brody and stood besides him. I grabbed his hand and entwined our fingers as we both were looking at the view. We stood there for a few minutes until Brody let go of my hand.

"C'mon, it's getting dark soon. I'll drop you off at home." he said and he made his way to the car. I followed him and we both got in the car. We didn't say a word whilst driving home.

Brody's POV

There it is, I said it... Now she knows, she knows that I love her. That I would kill every guy that touches her, that I would travel the world to see her and that I would buy her anything that makes her happy. Everytime she cries, I die inside.

I'll make anybody suffer for every tear Safia drops for them. But I can't have her, I can't make her mine cause I'm not like her. I don't believe in God, I don't have a religion, I'm not Muslim. And I hate it, I hate that I love her so much and I hate that she doesn't love me the same.

I need to forget about her, I need to get her out of my head. Everytime she touches me I get goosebumps on every part of my body. I can't have her, so I need to forget about her. As for now, I'll keep my distance but it's killing me everytime I look at her. She deserves someone better, someone who's the same as her. I wish I could hold her hand forever, but I couldn't.. I needed to let her go. She's the only girl I've ever cried for, she will always be the only girl I crave for.

"C'mon, it's getting dark soon. I'll drop you off at home."

~~~~~~~

Can we get 15 votes on this chapter pwetty pleaseeee 🙊
As soon as we hit 15 votes, I will drop a new chapter. (Update 2018: so back then I only got 15 votes? How crazy. Damn)

Thank you to those who read and vote on every chapter I post!

Love y'all 💋

~Edited by R3Hijabi ~