Prologue

Prologue 

:Hermione

I was looking at him with knitted brows. "Severus" 

He turned to glance at me from the fire place. He didn't ask me what by now I was use to his silence and the look in his black obsidian eyes implored me to continue what I had to say.

"I-" I struggled to find the words. I knew what I wanted to say and I wished he would look into my thoughts. But I knew he never would he'd promised at the beginning to never look into them. That they where private and he respected that. As well as trusted me greatly to not need to. 

The man in front of me shifted and I drank in his appearance to his pale skin, his lean body , the mass of black waves that fell to his shoulders, in the fire light his skin held a healthy glow to it. To me I had grown to love him, the year with him was perfect. But the secrecy was a whole topic that troubled me. 

No one knew, of us, the time we spent or how long. I hadn't told a soul and neither had he. I was his secret lover, and him mine. But now? 

A year later I wanted more, needed more. 

"Hermione" 

I found myself snap back out of my thoughts and cleared my throat as I sat up and pulled the sheets to cover myself. "I want more" I wanted to sound confident and sure but my voice was soft and cracked. 

He didn't say anything just stood there watching. Silent as ever. 

"I want to go places, and see things with you Severus. I want to be able to go out and have you there with me by my side, I want to share tea with you at the cafe, I want to be able to shamelessly tell my friends how I had a great date-" I rambled. 

"No" his voice cut me off and I shocked. I'd expected a little resistance. 

"Why?" I whispered weakly still shocked. A straight cold no was not what I had thought I would get. 

"Hermione" He sounded exasperated as I stood up and pulled on a shirt not paying attention to who's it was as I crossed my arms. 

"Why cant we? I'm 20, no longer a teenager. In a year I will be 21" I demanded to know. 

He rubbed the bridge of his nose. "I cant" 

"why  cant you?" I demanded as I walked to him. "Why Severus?! Nothing is stopping us, no one is in our way. We can be together without the hiding or the sneaking we can-" 

"I said no" I jumped at the force of his words and pushed at his chest. 

"I love you" I bite out. "I'm tired of the secrets" 

He gripped the tops of my arms. "I cant do that to you" 

I frowned up at him. I tell him I love him and he says that? He cant do what to me? Make me happy? "I dont understand" 

"Hermione, I am old" 

"I dont care how old-" I began. 

"Your starting at Hogwarts this year coming up, we wont be able to see each other without people wondering" 

"That's why we should -" He put a finger over my lips. 

"I can't"

I glared at him and shoved at his chest. "You stubborn man!" I screamed as I slapped his chest. "We can, no one would say anything. With all we've done for that place, the world? We wouldn't have to ever worry about what they said." I pleaded. 

I turned sharply stumbling over a shoe and looking for my pants. "We already went over my stubbornness, you find it adorable as you put it" He remarked from behind me and I sent the nearest thing flying at him. He swatted it away.