I Wrote This Song To Make You Smile

Feeling inspired. so i'm writing. Don't know when I plan to publish it, but it comes out when it does xD ~Jules

Derek pulled up, and Ryan was sitting in the front seat next to him. Derek got out of his car as I was going to open the door to the back. Derek came around to open the front seat door.

"Get your ass out of the seat," Derek looked at Ryan. Ryan started pouting.

"But I'm a big kid, now! I can handle the big boy seat!" Screamed Ryan like a four year old. We all laughed at Ryan.

"I can seriously sit in the back. It's really not a problem." I said. I didn't want to start any kind of argument between the boys... over a front seat.

"Nope. You deserve the best. Now, get your ass out of my car, Ryan." Derek said so sweetly. Hazel about died of cuteness overload. I couldn't blame her; I about died of it, myself. Hazel crawled into the back seat knowing that sitting back there was inevitable for her. Sooner or later, I knew Derek was going to make Ryan move. Eventually, after five minutes of child arguing, I went to crawl into the back seat, and Derek pulled me back out of the car by my hips. He unbuckled Ryan's seat belt and, literally, threw him out of the car. I just kind of stood there. Ryan and Derek began laughing. I sat into the front seat, and Ryan crawled into the back with Hazel. I could see Hazel was tremulous with excitement.

"Hazel, Ryan is a person, not present on Christmas morning. You can talk to him." I said. Her face turned a bright pink. Derek chuckled.

"I mean, I'm cool with being a Christmas present as long as I get to wear a big green bow." Ryan said. Hazel just laughed.

We pulled up to the Pizza restaurant; we were ten minutes late because of Derek's and Ryan's bickering. We found the boys at a table, and we sat with them. Hazel ended up sitting next to Ron, and I sat in between her and Derek.

"Hey, guys," Derek said. "This is Alex," he said pulling my next to him. "And that's Hazel," she offered a small smile and waved.

"Hey, man." Ron said to Hazel.

She grabbed my leg and dug her claws into it as she whispered, "Hey," back to him.

"God damn it, Hazel. Chill!" I pulled her claws out of my leg.

The waitress brought out the pizzas that Ronnie had ordered. The boys went on eating, laughing, and talking about things. Ronnie talked about his girlfriend and her friends. Ryan was talking about this idea for a song. Vincent was shooting down all of Ryan's ideas just because it pissed him off. Ron and Hazel were talking about random things. She would ask about concerts and what it was like having a crowd to come see you. And then, there's me and Derek. We were carrying out a normal conversation.

"How was your day?" He asked me.

"It was okay." I said. "How was your day?"

"It's better," He said, "the band just practiced for a while and then I went on cleaning my room, looking for your skirt. You're skirt is black and has crossbones on it, right? Not that I would have any other skirts in my room, but I think I know where it is." He laughed at himself, and I laughed along. 

"No. I don't think that's it. Have you been wearing skirts lately, Derek?" I asked laughing

"Fuck, man! You caught me! Please don't make them go! The skirts.... they're a part of me; they're a part of who I am now!!" He said it so dramatically. I laughed hysterically and he laughed with me. We didn't realize everyone was just quietly watching us and listening to our conversation until we stopped laughing. It became awkward after that. The boys paid for the pizza. I pulled my wallet out to give money to Derek for the portion of pizza that Hazel and I had, but Derek ran out of the restaurant when I tried to give it to him.

"I don't want it!!" He screamed running out of the exit.

I looked at the boys. "Uhh. What do I do with this? It's money for the pizza." Ronnie asked to see my wallet. I handed it to him and Ryan took the money. He handed the money to Ronnie who put it back into my wallet, and then he slid my wallet across the table and ran out of the restaurant too. "I guess this is our cue to leave, too?" Ryan, Ron, Hazel and I all walked out to Derek's car. It was getting a bit chilly. Ron hugged Hazel goodbye.I said goodbye to the guys, and then got into the car. We dropped Hazel off, and we went to Derek's place. We went in, and he ran upstairs to get my skirt.

"I thought we got rid out you!" Ryan yelled from the kitchen in his boxers. 

"Cute outfit!" I said. He struck a pose with a chip bag in his hand. I laughed and Derek came downstairs. 

"Derek! Don't you know not to feed the mogwai after dinner?" I said

"Hey! That's implying that I'm cute and cuddly!" Ryan yelled from the stair case

"Fine then! I meant gremlins!" I yelled back

"Still means I'm bad ass! I call being the one with the mow hawk and shades!" He yelled.

I gave up. We walked out to the car, and he drove me home. He parked in front of my house. "Derek, are we anything? Like good friends?"

"Can we be more?" he asked. I looked up. He was serious. I smiled and leaned in. He closed the space in between us, and he kissed me. It felt special. I've had boyfriends in the past. The first kiss was either really awkward or just really pointless, but this time. It was like fireworks.

He took off his jacket and ran around to open the door. He gave me his jacket and walked me to the door. I offered for him to come inside. "The deal was that you get your shorts back when I get my skirt back." We went to my room, and he looked around. I had band posters everywhere. His shorts laid on top of my dresser in front of my mirror. "Hand washed clean and laid out to dry. Don't really know how you wash your shorts. I didn't want to screw anything up." He smiled

"Thank you." He said. I threw my skirt into the basket of all my dirty laundry. He leaned down to kiss me once more. Melica walked in mid-kiss, though.

"Whoa. Um.. yeah.. I'll talk to you in a bit, Alex." she said, walking right out of my room. We just laughed. I showed him the way out. I watched as he got into his car and drove off. I really do like him. He just kinda makes old feeling disappear. He makes me feel like I'm going to explode into a billion butterflies.

But now, I have to deal with Melica.