Ch 5 - Project Beast 9

I mentally scoffed.

'God? Really? Him as God? This guy is really messed up in the head. More like the devil himself.'

"And as for my plan with you pets... well. It's to officially make you my pets." He smiled his devil smile.

We stayed silent.

What did that mean?

"Go ahead. One of you ask me what that means." He chuckled.

We didn't say anything, we assumed he would just answer it himself.

"GO ON. ASK." He commanded with a booming voice.

"What does that mean?" I asked, definitely afraid.

He laughed.

"It means I will make you into animals."

He paused.

"You see each cage?" He gestured around.

"Yes." We three answered simultaneously.

"Each cage is a different experiment- err- project. For example, the cage on your right is Project Beast 8. The 8th attempt at creating beasts. You pets are Project Beast 9"

I looked to the right. My stomach dropped. There was one person left alive. But that little boy looked like he was on the brink of death. We were next.

"Ask me what our goal was for Project Beast." He commanded us coolly.

"What was your goal?" We all asked.

I held Pandora's hand, afraid of his response.

"Well..." He chortled, "To make humans into animal-like weapons, of course."

He continued laughing.

I wanted to cry.

"Ask how." He commanded once again.

"How?" We asked.

I squeezed Pandora's hand. She squeezed back.

"After various tries, we concluded- me and my darling wife that is- that we actually need to prepare your weak little bodies for the animal organs to replace your human organs and function properly. Therefore we created a chemical... Or "medication" that helps your puny bodies adapt."

He looked proud.

Various attempts? Just how many people have they killed? Why do they need human weapons? We've been taking chemicals? Not medication?

Wait.

He's going to put animal organs in us?!

"Ask me why we need you weapons."

"Why?" We croaked, afraid of knowing even more.

He giggled.

"Don't worry. We aren't bad people. We aren't just doing it for fun or power or money. But it is fun, and we do get power and money."

He laughed and laughed and laughed.

He stopped.

"It's the government. You know the story of Captain America? The super human weapon? Well it's like that. But it isn't as sweet and easy." He smiled.

"This isn't a fairy tale or comic book. This is reality, my pets. And let's see if you survive the chemicals, surgical procedures, the training, and the emotional damages."

Laughter erupted throughout the room of cages and echoed.

"40 have been experimented in Project Beast. Only 20 survived the chemicals. You pets have not finished your consuming your needed chemicals by the way." He smirked.