Arranged Love: Cristina's Story - Chp 6

Arranged Love: Cristina’s Story

Chapter 6 - Tristán

As Cris snuggled closer I heard her sigh in contentment. It was rare that I ever got to hold her other then when she is asleep next to me so I was enjoying this moment of contentment with her while our twins played happily on the floor nearby.

“Necesitamos un lugar más grande amor. (We need a bigger place love.)” I told her in Spanish after a few minutes of silence and a serious look around our rather tiny place.

There were still boxes here and there that happen to be still packed up because we’ve no room to place for the stuff stored inside the boxes other than keeping it all in the boxes and stacking them somewhere in the house. Jaime’s and Rosalia’s toys and things where scattered about plus they were getting older which meant more double items and no room for any of it. At the very top of that list was Selene and Helios—Cris’s two almost full grown Tamaskan Dogs.

“Hmm, I agree.” She all but mumbled which meant she was starting to fall asleep. She hasn’t been sleeping well the last few nights so it wasn’t surprising that she was falling asleep now. The twins still got up once at night for a feeding and we’ve been flooded down at the garage so it makes for short nights and little to no sleep.

Soon she was out like a light next to me. I sat there holding her for a time while she slept. After a while I got up gently laying her down on the couch as I did. The kids were starting to get loud and I knew they’d wake her after a bit so I packed them up into the double jogging strolling and we went out for a run. The sun was shining, the air warmed by a gentle breeze and the birds where singing—the perfect spring day for a run. An hour later the kids and I walked through the door to be greeted by the delicious smell of hamburgers cooking out on the grill. Following the smell of food I found the back door open and Cris standing on the small deck in front of the grill flipping burgers.

“I didn’t know you worked at Jack’s burgers in town Cris. All this time I thought you worked on cars not working flipping burgers at some old burger joint in town.” I said leaning against the open door’s frame watching her cook at the grill.

“For your information oh smart one I did work for old Jack one summer freshmen year. Couldn’t hack flipping burgers though.” She replied with a dead seriousness that was rather serious like. Cris could be dead serious when teasing but for those who knew her extremely well they could see the spark that always flared in her eyes when she was teasing or joking around however in this case there was spark.

“Hmm, you not being able to hack flipping burgers doesn’t seem possible to me since here you are doing a fantastic job of it now.” I shot back.

“Just for that one I am burning yours and so you know I couldn’t hack it then but a little practice goes along way.” She said with all the serious in the world and her eyes sparkling.  

“Not sure it was practice Hun seems more like you’re a natural at it.” I told her giving her a wink before heading back into the house with the sounds of her muttering something in some language behind me.

Soon she brought in the burgers and we had dinner. I was glad to see that she either had forgotten her threat or didn’t follow through on it this time so she could act upon it at a later date which is something she would do just to catch anyone by surprise. At least for tonight I was safe from eating burnt food.

~~~~~~~~~

The spring months have passed by and we’ve been busier than anything. At the start of May which was a month ago now we moved into a bigger place that was on the outskirts of town something that both of us enjoyed and even better it fit everything without be excessively huge for just the four of us. The twins are 9 months old and already Cris has a big party planned for them and how she managed to plan one with how busy we’ve been lately is a wonder.