On Paranormal Winds We Fly

"OKay, do us both a favor please. Shut your mouth and open your eyes." his deep and soothing voice coaxed. My mouth snapped shut but my eyes refused ot open.

"I'm not looking at you." I whispered.

"Why? Too afraid to feel- ...enchanted?" he asked with his cocky tone.

"No. You aren't real. You don't exist." I pleaded.

"Okay then. Give me about five minutes and I can show you just how real I am." he said with a large smile in his voice.

I shivered and didn't reply. I tucked my knees into me, burying my face in the process.

"Just please open your eyes and listen."

Obediently, my eyes opened. Dammit. He smiled a sly smile and began.

"Okay, let's try this again. My name is Alex. I'm your guardian angel. When I died, I was at the age of 18. Two decades ago, you were foreseen. The only thing unusual about that event though was...you were predicted to cross over to the in between world in human form." he said in one long breath.

"Okay, hold on for just a second. Explain to me how that last part even makes sense to you." I said glancing up slightly.

"Well, it has only happened once in all of man kind's history. You must lose your...innocence...to someone in that world." he said crossing his arms over his bare chest and smiling at me.

"Okay, so tell me. Are the people in that world real, unlike you?" I said hoping to confuse him in the slightest bit.

"Most of them are very much real, like you and I. Your mate has been found and located." he confirmed with a nod.

"Okay, well can you give me a name or something?"

"In our world, we have a strict law that forbids telling you that. You will find out when your "moment" comes." he said smiling.

"So, do you know who it is?" I challenged him.

"Yep. I sure as hell do."

"I thought angels don't cuss."

"Well, you thought wrong. The pure ones don't...but baby I'm the impure kind. There are dark and light angels as you can see." he said gesturing at himself. He wore smokey gray skinny jeans and blacked-out All-Star tennis shoes complete with a long black beaded necklace with a metal cross on the end. His medium length hair flipped out of his face when he turned and motioned at his wings. His big fluffy wings were pure black fading into a smokey gray at the top. He was the kind of guy I would swoon over, but just not now. For some reason there was some sort of mental block in my mind that kept me from feeling any sort of attraction towards him. The chain that was attached to his belt loop swung as he carefully walked towards me.

"We must prepare you." he finally said looking down at me. Even when I went to stand up he towered above me adding to some sort of safeness inside of me.

"Fine. What do you mean by THAT?" I asked as my fun-sized frame was covered by his shadow.

"Your soul-mate angel is a dark one. In time, we must change you." he said running his hands through my blonde hair.

"Depends on how much. I can't lose my popularity, quarterback boyfriend, or my friendship layers." I said arching my eyebrow.

"Okay, hold on. I'm not even going to TRY to understand you yet. But....some of those things must go." he said quietly locking his icy blue eyes with mine. He reminded me so much of the young Andy Sixx.

"No! I can't! I'm like- school history!" I whined.

"Were going to have to indefinitely change that attitude of yours." he challenged me.