Fourty-five

Here goes another day of ignoring Jen and keeping conversation short with the other girls. I'm worried if we talk to long I'll end up telling them everything. I don't think Mason would enjoy that very much.

   I had a meeting with my guidance counselor earlier today and she told me with all the days I've been missing she isn't sure if I can make up the tests and assignments. She doesn't think I'll even graduate. I had to refrain from slapping her across the face and telling her to mind her own business. When did I get so violent? Anyway I think she's wrong. I can make up the work and keep up with the new lessons. I couldn't have missed that much. She's just trying to scare me that's all.

   During lunch I hide out in the bathroom. Times like these are when I miss my drawing book the most. I never lost interest in drawing I just never really had time for it. I'm excited to be painting a portrait of whatever for pay. It'll be like my first official artist job. Its so exciting. I can't wait. Dylan called Mason after dinner last night and told him he wants me to come by Saturday. Monica was excited.

   After school instead of Cameron, Mason's buff friend that was summoned to follow me around all day, doesn't come to pick me up. I'm surprised when I see Mason in the driver seat of his black Lamborghini. I hop in the passenger seat without any hesitation. He greets me with a soft peck on the cheek.

   "Are we going somewhere today?" I question curiously.

   "No. I had some business to take care of in this area and I just thought I should pick you up, give Cameron a day off." A day. Just a day?

   "Oh."

   I stare intensely as he puts the car in drive and pull out of the parking lot. "Olivia do you know why I chose you?"

   "Huh?" I ask confused. Chose me for what? I really do hope this man isn't on something right now because he is after all driving.

   "The first time I saw you I could tell you've been through a lot. And I saw the way you wasn't giving my boy no play and I knew you weren't like these other girls. I knew you would be down for me like no other woman would," he pulls his eyes away from the road to look at me before returning them where they belong while he's driving. His muscles are out on display in his wife beater. His grey sweat pants and running shoes prove he's been to the gym.

   "Olivia God put us together so that I can show you what love is. You may not understand some of the stuff I do for you or why I get so angry but it's only because I love you. If I didn't get angry that would mean I don't care and that's not true. I have always wanted better for you. I gave you that. Sometimes it just seems like you don't appreciate that and I don't like that," he says.

   "I'm sorry."

   "I already forgave you. I love you too much to stay mad at you." Well I can honestly say it feels good to hear him say he's not mad at me anymore. An angry Mason is not something you want to come across. If I knew all I had to do was apologize I would have done that a long time ago.

   Mason is the only person that lives me. Without him I wouldn't even know what love is. My parents certainly didn't love me. My mom ran away from me and my dad turned into an alcoholic and beat me every day. That was just the reality of my life.

   Mason hands me my phone and a black card, telling me I can call up a friend and go shopping. He suggest Monica and I immediately realise he isn't giving me much of a choice on who I can take shopping with me. Its not like I had many options anyway. I haven't been hanging out with the girls at school and they would think it's real messed up to all of a sudden want to hang out after school. I'm sure they're busy with things of their own anyway. They don't need me. They never did. It was always the other way around.

   I find Monica's phone number in my phone and shoot her a quick text. Mason must have saved it in before he gave me my phone back. Seconds later I get a text back from Monica saying she would love to go shopping with me. I'm not excited as her to go on this little shopping trip. I slept with her boyfriend for goodness sake. Now I have to look her in the eyes and act like nothing happened when it did. I'm doing the same to Mason. It's so screwed up. Maybe if I say he drugged me? No that wouldn't work. They could probably test it and I could send Dylan to jail. He doesn't deserve that. It was my fault for getting so stupid drunk. I'm such a fool.

   We've only been here for An hour and we already have our hands full. Well it's mostly my stuff. Monica's really picky about what she wants and takes forever to try something on. If she finds a cute shirt she also has to find a cute pair of pants or a skirt to match.

   It's a good thing I decided to wear my Nike running shoes. Mason only let me out of the house like this because I'm going shopping and I need to be able to get in and out of stuff as fast as possible. I like wearing simple outfits. It's what I'm use to. But of course I don't mind getting all dressed up.

   "When we're done shopping I want to go get my hair done. I know the perfect guy," I tell her.

   She shrugs. "Okay. What kind of style are you getting?"

   "I was thinking twits."

   "That would look so cute on you,"

   "Yep."

   Once we finish up our shopping we sit down and eat. The cookie store here is amazing. I have never taste something so good. Mason would kill me if he finds out. He wants me to stay in shape so he doesn't have to worry about having a chubby girlfriend. Image of everything to him. That's why he spends so much money on stuff he doesn't need. He's just pulling me along for the ride as part of his image.

   Maybe somewhere deep down he's just like me and never had anyone to show him what love is either.

------------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter was kind of boring but not too much right? Anyway what did you guys think?

Also I noticed some new faces enjoying my book *jumps around in the air and scream like a maniac* lol I need to keep my composure😃

Not to sound pushy or-oh who am I kidding. If you enjoyed please press that sad little empty star and make him whole again🌟🌟