Chapter Three

Hey guys! Yay to me for getting a chapter out! I could apologize a million times over, but let's be honest; I'm going to do it again and again.

Love,
    Katrena-Faddis
(Guys, currently there is 69 reads on this sory!)
----------------------------------------------------------
Theo p.o.v.-

        "Theo Ricardo Marshal Chavez. Do you even understand the stress you have put me through!" Her voice sounded even scarier than I once remembered it being.

          I froze in place as all my men laughed at my mother using my full name to scold me.

          "Good morning mother, what do I owe this pleasure?" I asked politely. "Is everything alright?"

            "You are in so much trouble young man." More snickers followed from those around me. "Do you have any idea what stress you have been putting not only me, but-"

            I interrupted her quickly. "Can we speak in private?"

             She looked around sheepishly before nodding. "Of course."

             I took her into my office and shut the door.

            "Mom, I am a grown man with a wife for crying out loud!I do not need you walking into my place of work shouting while everyone is watching." I explained once the door was shut.

             She shook her finger at me, just as she did when I was younger. "Theo. You are in do much trouble young man. I have given you your space in hopes that you would use that stubborn head of yours to realize you needed come keep us updated, but instead you stay here buried in your work."

           My mind gave me a quick memory of Nikki reminding me of the importance of family. We sat on the porch, rocking back and forth in the wooden porch swing as she spoke to me about the importance of family. Nikki told me she wanted Lane or Kayla to be our children's godparents. She spoke of Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, of Easter weekend and Sunday gatherings.

            "I am here buried in my work because that is how I will get Nikki back! Finding my wife will always be my first priority!" I shout loudly. "Going to your house and spending time with you won't make her search any shorter. She is still out there all alone and if me staying up until three in the morning and waking at five makes her search any shorted than that is what I am going to continue to do."

            "Son, sometimes you need to walk away to find the answer. Separate yourself from the problem and the solution becomes clear." She said softly as she placed her hand on mine. "You need to help yourself or your never going to be able to help her. Please trust me on this."

        A knock at the door was followed by Lane sticking his head in the doorway. "Hey boss, we found a new lead."
                                ***
Nikki's p.o.v.-

          "Will she ever stop puking?" My captures asked from outside the door. "There can't be much left in there."

            "I heard her in there last night too." Another exclaimed. "It sounded as if her body was being turned inside out. Grossest thing I've ever heard."

              "Would the two of you shut up!" I shouted loudly. "If you are going to stick around the least you can do is get me some crackers or ginger ale."

              I had long since gotten over the fear of them ending my life, and at this point I was to sick to even care.

              The nausea had started just two weeks prior and then the vomiting had followed not long after. Each day I spent about five hours sitting in front of the toilet praying Theo would find me soon, just so I could see a doctor.

        "At any moment we can be given the assignment to kill you." He called out back to me.

        "True, but at any moment I could beg you to pull the trigger."

          He let out a deep, rough chuckle. One filled with years of smoking and whiskey. "Begging?"

           I answered with another stomach jerk and head in the bowl.

           I let the nausea pass and rested my head against the cool porcelain. "That is just discusting." A voice said from the opening doorway if the small bathroom.

             I heard the ring on his finger hit metal. "Have you come close to guarantee a kill shot?" I asked him in a whisper.

              Again his chuckle followed, although it no longer sounding taunting there was still a mocking tone underlining his obviously masculine voice.

             "No, I came to guarantee I wouldn't be scrubbing puke off my walls." One of the old brown paper bags was tussled and a hand passed through my peripheral vision.

              I laughed quietly. "You got me ginger ale and saltines?"

               He shrugged his giant shoulders. "I remember the pain my own wife had been in and figured it was the least I could do."

                He stretched his long legs up to a standing position, easily taking up all the space in the small doorway. His huge tattooed arms we folded across his chest making him seem even larger than before.

              "You know you're in bad shape when those set out to kill you wish to make your life easier." I told has I took a long swig of the bubbled drink. "Thank you, Romeo."

           Romeo said nothing, reverting back to his silent companions who had stood still throughout our entire exchange.

            I walked over to the sink, allowing the cold water to rush over my hands and then submerging my face in the same manner.

             My reflection in the dirty mirror was blurred and faint, but I still stared in down as I whispered to myself. "I'm pregnant."
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! How has your October been? Mine has been hectic, but when is my life not hectic? So I wrote 553 words in one day just because the creativity had hit me right and I pray you enjoy it!

Love,
    Katrena-Faddis
(Word count being 993 words!)