Chapter 2

Chapter 2: 

Caroline’s POV

After I got all of my bags, I met the driver who was taking me to the dorms. I sent Wes a quick text telling him I had arrived safely, and he soon replied saying he missed me. 

My classes would start tomorrow already, and I was glad for that since I wouldn’t have to be alone thinking about how much I miss Wes and Cali, and start doubting my choice of coming here. 

When I got into my dorm room, no one was there, but one of the beds had already been decorated with some posters and other things. The girl seemed pretty chill. I observed more around the room and saw a VIP pass for Emblem 3’s Back to Cali Tour. I’m guessing she’s a fan. 

I started setting all of my things down and I even put up some pictures, mostly of Wes and I. I miss him so much, and I saw him this morning before I left. I need to start getting used to this. But I feel like a part of me is missing. 

The door opened and a skinny tanned brunette walked in, “Hello! I’m Lucia, but you can call me Lu if that’s easier. What’s your name?” She had a bit of an accent, she was probably from somewhere in South America. 

“I’m Caroline.” I said offering a smile, “I just moved from Cali.” I said and she smiled back at me with her eyes lighting up.

“Lucky! I went to Cali when I first moved from Brazil to see a band that I love! You might know them, Emblem3?” She said. 

“I actually do know them pretty well.” I said with a laugh, “But you are lucky to! Brazil is amazing, I heard!” I told her. I remember how excited the boys were when they went to Brazil. I was going with them, but decided against it. Let them have that special moment with their fans, alone. The Brazilian fans are really...passionate, says Keaton. 

“Yes, I love Brazil. I wish I could go back, but the school here is very good and I can’t get that there.” She said looking a bit sad. 

“Well, I promise we will have loads of fun here!” I said with a smile and she smiled back. 

“I’m just glad I got a nice roommate. You look really familiar too, have I seen you before?” She said looking at me with curious eyes. 

“If you went to Cali to E3, then you probably did see me. I’m Wesley’s girlfriend.” I said a bit unsure. Some fans take it really hard.

“Ah yes! You look so much prettier in person! Maybe if you get the boys up here you can get me with Drew?” She said and we both laughed. She would actually be perfect for him. She’s gorgeous and really chill for what I have seen so far. She must also be smart if she’s here! 

“I sure will!” I said as we both talked some more to get to know each other. That’s how it went, then we got dinner, came back and talked some more until we fell asleep. 

Wesley’s POV

It feels so weird here without her. Everything is just so different. Looking at the different faces in the crowds and not seeing her familiar one, singing all the lyrics and smiling as she danced to the beat. 

I miss her like crazy, and it’s been a day. How will I go on for six months? I can’t go on without her by my side. 

We are in the studio to finish a couple of songs in our new album, “Okay, so we need our second single. Should we write something new or use one of these?” Drew spoke up. 

I picked up a notepad and a pen, “We should write something. Let’s get to work.” I said, my voice monotone. They just nodded.

Caroline’s POV

It’s my first day of classes. I made my way to a coffee shop with Lu to get some breakfast, and as we walked inside I hit someone, “I’m so sorry.” a familiar voice spoke, “Caroline?” 

I looked up to meet no other than, “Lucas.”