Sienna - CHAPTER SEVEN

Meanwhile, in the woods, Sarah walked back with Rose to the parking area to find her brothers. She was bubbling with questions but the memory of the blood had her prickling with the urge to get her witches home.

The weather had changed, bringing cooler air and a wave of cloud that began to patch the moon. The smell of rain permeated the air.

With a wave, Lora climbed into her car and drove away. Sarah watched her leave, uneasy that the witch was without protection, but Lora had refused any for years.

The snap of her name had Sarah turning around to find Archer and Declan rushing toward them. She could see by their harsh expressions that agitation and fury were stewing a lethal combination inside.

She felt it too.

This latest death had served as a mocking reminder that they were fast losing the battle against Mason.

Against everything they were destined to protect.

“Where’s Sienna?” Declan asked, scanning the area for their witch.

Sarah’s eyebrows shot up. “She’s with you, isn’t she? I haven’t seen her since the Ferris wheel.”

Archer gaped at her as though she was about to sprout a vicious monster. “Sarah, you said you were taking her home.”

“No, I didn’t.”

Ethan arrived, eyeing the grey storm of clouds setting in, and raised a brow when he sensed their tension. “What’s wrong?”

“Is Sienna with you?”

“No. She went with Sarah.” Ethan glanced at his sister. “You said you’d take her home.”

Sarah looked at her brothers as though they’d gone mad, and gasped as it suddenly reeled into place. 

Her Keeper instincts snapped forward and she circled them, searching for her friend. “Oh, no,” she breathed, turning to face them.

Archer pushed past his brothers and snatched her wrist, his eyes burning. “Sarah, where the hell is Sienna?”

“I don’t know.”

“You said you’d take her home!”

“It wasn’t me!” she said, yanking her wrist free. “I was with Rose and Lora this entire time.”

“You walked past me, and told me... Dammit!” Archer spun around, his gaze settling on Declan’s as the cruel truth sunk in.

“It’s Mason. Mason has her.”