Chapter 21: Invitations and Shocking Decisions!

Invitations and Shocking Decisions!

It was bright and early in the morning once more. Amu had been very happy since yesterday. She finally got to see her friends, and she also got to spend some time with them too. Amu was happy and satisfied. All of them had left last night to go back to the mansion. The Yamabukis would be returning some time today and Amu hoped that nothing would go wrong and that no one would find out that they've been to the palace.

Amu got up and she decided to walk out of her room. She dressed herself and walked out of the room, and she then bumped into Tadase and Kairi.

"Tadase-kun…and Kairi too." She stated "Morning."

"Good morning Amu-chan." Greeted Tadase with a smile.

"A pleasant morning to you Hinamori-san." Said Kairi with a smile as well.

"Ne, where are you two headed to?" asked Amu confused. She rarely saw them by her room early in the morning.

"We just happened to pass by. We hope we didn't wake you." Said Tadase.

"No, I just came out the same time you guys happened to pass the room." Stated Amu then she asked "Have you seen Ikuto or Utau around?"

"Utau-chan went to town today. She's helping Sanjo-san hand out the invitations for the upcoming ball." Explained Tadase.

"Upcoming ball?" asked Amu confused, no one ever told her about it.

"Well…yes, the royals have arranged a ball a week from now." Started Kairi "Invitations are being sent out all over the town, nearby cities and even in other nearby kingdoms."

"It sounds like it's going to be quite a big event." Said Amu.

"It will be. The king and queen want it to be a success." Said Kairi "They're making lots of preparations."

"I see…" and then Amu thought "That means I don't have much time left here. I can't stay here forever, and someone's bound to recognize me." The thought made her lonely. A huge part of her didn't want to leave, but she wouldn't mind goig back for her friends too.

"Amu-chan…are you alright?" asked Tadase concerned and confused about her sudden silence.

"Huh? Oh I'm fine." Said Amu with a smile. "Oh…about Ikuto…what's he been up to?" she asked.

"He's having a meeting today with Aruto-san. Yoru-kun is accompanying him." Stated Tadase "He wanted to tell you that. Thank you for reminding me, I almost forgot to inform you about his absence."

"Oh, so he isn't around?" asked Amu.

"No, he's out today. Almost everyone is. Even Mai-san and Ryo-san are gone for the day." Said Tadase.

"Looks like everyone's gone for now." Said Amu with a sigh, guess she'll have to spend time alone now.

"Tsukasa-san and Souko-san are still here though…." Suggested Tadase.

Amu thought about it. Tsukasa maybe, she could talk to him, but she doubted about the queen. She rarely saw queen Souko around anyway. "I'll think about it Tadase-kun, thanks." Replied Amu.

"Alright, we apologize Hinamori-san, but we have to get moving as well." Said Kairi. "We have to attend to some things."

"Of course, I'm the one who should be apologizing for keeping you both here." Said Amu.

"No, it was no trouble." Said Tadase with a smile "Well then, we'll be going now Amu-chan. Take care of yourself."

"You too Tadase-kun, Kairi." Said Amu as she smiled and bid them both goodbye.