Blue Eyed Beauty Chapter 3

Garrett’s pov

I watched as she got high up in her saddle. “Come on. Let’s go bring the horses in.” I started off towards my pasture and stopped at the gate. I jumped down and opened it up for Kailey. “Just ride straight up that hill and wait for me at the top. Be careful though, they might be just on the other side of that hill.” “Alrighty then.” I watched her lope Beauty up the hill. It just looked so right for her. What am I thinking; I just met the poor girl. I must be love sick or something. Come on Garrett, you’re acting like you could marry the girl. You just met her today. Wait a minute; she doesn’t even go to school. What kind of an orphanage doesn’t let their kids go to a school? Obviously she’s only been to the woods and back. But, she mentioned living on a farm before so who knows.

Kailey’s pov

I waited up on the hill until he came closer. Man it was such a rush just being on a horse again. I wish I could live like this again. I looked behind me and watched as Garrett came riding in like a pro. Man he looked SO good on that horse! Wow, I really need to stop thinking about him like this. He would never go for someone like me. And if he did I swear I would be swooning all over him. I could feel my legs shaking as he got closer to me. He looked at me funny, with his head cocked to the side. “Are you okay Kailey?” I regained my posture. “Yeah of course.” I looked at him with my head cocked to the side. “Are you okay Garrett?” he laughed.

Garrett’s pov

I laughed. Why wouldn’t I? I mean she just gave it back to me…she’s good. She’s obviously playing hard to get. But, the question was, why? Why would she would want to play that game with me? Maybe she’s been hurt and she has trust issues. Well, one thing’s for sure, she trusts me enough to meet my dad, and ride on my horse and look for those wild horses and bring mine in.