Pretty Bad Things : Gotta Butter Me Up [Bonus Chapter]

[Bonus chapter because I love you guys!]

The doorbell rang, so I finished putting on the last touch of mascara. Lexi was busy putting the rest of my make-up away, while Marvin and Nick lounged around my bed discussing comic con. I was only half listening, since the butterflies in my stomach weren’t letting me focus.

 I practically flew downstairs to find my dad opening the door. Harvey stood at the other side with Rex, Rowen, and Dreads flocking him from behind. My dad did some sort of gruff noise, but I shot him a look that I was sure he could feel from the back of his head since it was meant to burn.

 I was about to say something, when Brian ran out from the kitchen through my legs and started happy yelling.

“Harvey!” He yelled, running past my dad in a similar manner towards Harvey. My little brother seemed to like Harvey as much as I did, which came as a total surprise. Nothing tugs at your heartstrings like seeing your boyfriend play Ninja Turtles with your little brother. The rest of the guys got similar greetings from Brian.

“Hey, Little Dude.” All four guys pretty much greeted in unison. It wasn’t long before Dreads picked Brian up on his shoulder and after a short greeting to my dad, since he was the only one of the guys who didn’t tuck his tail between his legs when he saw him, started his way to my room. Rowen and Rex followed close behind, enough for me to hear Rex calling out to my little brother.

 “So, how much you weigh now Little Dude?” He said this casually, including my little brothers nickname.

 “Rex, don’t you dare bench press my brother!” I yelled behind him, already knowing that Brian was completely down and the rest of the guys would make a big show out of it anyway, because it was a common occurrence.

“Good evening, Sir.” Harvey coughed awkwardly now that it was just us two and my dad.

The tension broke when my mom walked into the living room.

“Good and yourself?” At closer inspection I watched my dad shoot Harvey a narrowed eyed glance, not waiting for a response.

 “You’ll bring her home before her curfew?” I internally died when my mom spoke up, giving Harvey a similar withering glance. My parents were definitely not my boyfriend’s biggest fans.

 “Of, course, Ma’am.” Harvey was the prime example of well behaved and I almost wanted to give him a medal. My dad, at least, didn’t look to scare him as much as my mom now.

 “Well, now that it’s all settled-“ I hurried on, grabbing Harvey’s arm before pushing him out of the door. We were almost out in the clear, until my mom yelled something behind me.

 “Make good choices!” She said. I wanted to die right there, especially when Harvey gave me a wink now that we found ourselves further from the light and into the darkness. My boyfriend was always well behaved, until my parents weren’t around, of course.

 I climbed onto the back of his newer motorcycle and wrapped my arms around him. He smelled good, like cedar and boy, which instantly made my night even though we weren’t even a few blocks away from my house.

“I’m so excited.” I said in a deadpan tone, but actually completely meaning it.

Harvey had just cut the motorcycle off and was in the middle of taking the helmet off my head when he heard me. I started to bob my head side to side with a cheesy smile, because I really was excited. Harvey didn’t even bother with my weird antics anymore, and gave me a brief kiss before helping me off of the bike. It wasn’t every day that a girl got her first date with Harvey Lockwell.