Falling in love with you..

Sophia

"Sophia, are you sure you don't want to come back to America with us?"

Claire, my aunt asks, but I turn away whilst shaking my head. Her silky black hair hung loose on her shoulders, a forced smile curving upwards on the corner of her lips. "I don't have anything to go back to anyways, we don't have a house, we don't have any money and Mommy's gone too."

Claire nods obediently, turning away with a frown on her face.

My despicable father had a gambling problem, using up most of our money and when my mom had an attack, we didn't have enough to pay for her treatment. I couldn't even look at him after that.

A friend of mine named Driana was kind enough to let me stay at their house, just for the meantime at least, until I could find a place to live. I'm not too close nor do I know her too much, but I would consider her as a great and loyal friend. I'm not often noticed, mainly because I'm the new kid from America who has no family. Sad, I know.

After bidding my Aunt goodbye one last time, I walk to the side of the road with my bags. I start waving my hand around since this was how you supposedly get a taxi in the Philippines. A taxi finally comes by, and to my surprise, the driver steps out to open the door for me. I smile warmly and climb inside the car. Once he placed the bags in the trunk, we drove off.

Never fall asleep in a taxi for multiple reasons. However, being me, I fell asleep in the taxi. Thankfully, the driver was not as bad as I thought, meaning he took me safely to my desired location. Who knows what would have happened, murder? Hostage? The thoughts were horrid. His name tag read Diego, not a very common name. 

After kindly helping me with my bags, I paid him money with an extra tip seeing his kindness and generosity. He smiles warmly and drives off. I walked up to Driana's driveway, and pressed the small intercom button on the pillar like wall beside their massive gate.

"Hello who is it?" A familiar voice, also known as Driana, speaks through the intercom.

"Hey it's me Sophia." I reply, keeping my finger pressed on the intercom.

Though I was startled by the sudden action, the massive gates open revealing their massive but modern mansion. Bright lights illuminate the concrete pathway and driveway, revealing a bright green Camaro and white HI-ACE van. The big black, slightly glassed, door swung open revealing a beaming Driana. She runs up to me and greats me with a warm, bear hug.

"Hey how was your trip? Are you tired? Do you want to eat? Do you want to rest? Do you want to go shopping? Oh we'll talk about this later, come on!" she said all too quickly, grabbing one of my suitcases and drags it upstairs in a rush. I chuckle quietly, grabbing my other suitcase and treading up the granite slab stairs.

The room Driana walked in was aesthetically pleasing and gorgeous. The walls were painted a bright white, with black furniture decorating the area. The humongous looking bed lay in the center and pinned against the wall, leaving a fair amount of space to walk around.

"So this is your room! Make yourself at home! Put your backpack down, let's chat in my hangout." she says turning away towards the door.

I smile and follow her down to the basement. She flicks the light switch illuminating her small girl cave. The walls were painted a creme white and had several modern paintings hung across them . In each corner of the room there were hanging glass chairs and a curved black couch in the middle. Near the glass chair on the right side of the room was her simple white desk with LED lights under it giving it a pleasing effect. An iMac was also propped on top of the desk. Rich much?