Meeting Boy Number 3

A.N-

All Rights Reserved

-

As we were walking towards the 'hilltop manor' - as I like to call it - I kept stealing glances at Charles. He was taller than me, but not by much; maybe 5'11". He had stubble on his face, which made him look older than he was. He had dark blonde hair that hung loose around his face. His eyes were light brown and they seemed to have this little spark in them. He dressed in fairly baggy clothes; light jeans and a dark grey t-shirt with black tennis shoes.

Then I realized, I didn't have any shoes on. I barely took notice until that moment.

"Uh, Charles?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows together.

"What is it?" He returned, raising his.

"I don't have any shoes." I looked down at my dirty feet and suddenly felt embarrased.

"Oh, don't worry, we have plenty of shoes... and clothes for that matter. That means you won't have to steal any." Charles' warm smile made me think he wasn't angry at me for stealing these clothes, but how would he know? Then, I looked down at my clothes and realized how he knew.

I was wearing a men's shirt. It said: I love Jesus, but I drink a little.

Oh, damn. I said quickly in my head.

The hot summer wind came by at that time and tussled with my hair. The wind won - big surprise -and my hair lay in tangles. I tried to get the knots out with my hands, but it didn't work.

"Gah." I removed my hand from my the entanglement it was just in and I looked up at Charles to see him smirking. I glared at him.

"It's not funny." I mumbled, giving him the evil eye.

"It's pretty funny to me." Charles' smirk grew and the wrinkles appeared.

By this time, we had reached the gates to the Evergreen Forest pack territory. The gates were made of iron and they were about seven feet tall with pointed spikes at the top. It looked very much like a place in a movie, but this was real life.

Charles reached his hand up and laid it upon the cold metal gate. In seconds, the gate opened and Charles walked in.

"What was that?" I questioned with a weary look on my face.

"There's a spell on the gate. It only opens up to members of this pack... why?"

"A spell? What the hell? How did you get a freaking spell on your gate? Spells aren't real! Are you insane?" I couldn't stop to think about what I was saying because it was all too surreal for me. I mean, c'mon, spells?

"Uh, yeah? Like from a witch? Geez, for an ex-Alpha, you sure don't know a lot about our world." I scrunched my eyebrows and nose, if anybody saw me, they would've say I was pissed beyond belief. Truth was, I was pretty freaked out.

"No. No way a witch put a spell on a gate!" I yelled at him, still standing outside the gates; not daring to enter.

"Believe what you want to believe. The pack knows you're here, they want to meet you." Charles began to walk away, his blonde hair being swished by the wind. "Oh, they're not just lycans either. We have vampires and witches here, too. So, if you want to see for yourself..." He trailed off, looking back at me with a questioning expression.

My face hadn't changed at all, but I was actually thinking about going in. When Charles began walking away, I cursed under my breath and started following him.

"Damn witches. Now there are vampires? Bullshit." I mumbled, still walking behind him.

When we reached the front door, Charles stopped again and looked at me.