Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

"So..." Caden cleared his throat and tried to break the intensely awkward tension in the air.

"So Olivia- "

"Shut up."

"Got it." He was failing miserably. I sat with my back against the door of Talon's truck so I could glare at him. I swear I thought I saw him start to squirm under my glower, but that was most likely my imagination. Because Talon Savage didn't squirm. Tav and Caden tried to snatch my attention, but I kept my steady gaze on Talon's perfect profile. Even though I was stabbing him mentally, I was also craving to touch his jawline and his neck. How is that even possible? How could I be thinking of ways to kill him in his sleep, but undress him with my eyes? I have issues.

"We're here." I took my eyes off of Talon finally to look at his house. It was the perfect color of cream, with tall, brown columns proudly standing in front. We all got out of Talon's truck and walked up to the mammoth French doors. He pushed them open, and I had to stop and look around in amazement. Right in the middle of the foyer was a large table, with a beautiful arrangement of flowers on top. Above the flowers was a grand chandelier that glinted in the light. The shining floor was a stunning marble Granite combination of black and grey. Talon is loaded.

"Talon is that you?" A woman's voice filtered through the foyer, causing me to spin on my heels.

"Yeah, ma." I bit back a smile.

"Caden! Tav! Boys, how nice to see- " Talon's mom froze mid-sentence as her eyes landed on me. Her big, grey orbs eyed me up and down, sparkling with approval. Her blond hair was big and curly.

"Well who is this?" Her voice simpered as she took small steps towards me. She stood in front of me, waiting for someone to answer. I stuck my hand out to shake, and she took it slowly.

"My name is Olivia. I'm a friend of Talon's." I said the word 'friend' as if was poison on my tongue. Talon's mom smiled brightly and chuckled.

"Well my name is Farrah, and I like you Olivia. You're not pushing your boobs in any of the boys' faces. You're not like the rest of them, are you?" My face curled up in disgust and I shook my head.

"Definitely not," I assured her.

"Well come on in!" Farrah led us in to the living room, and I looked around in wonder. Colorful vases, and expensive paintings littered the walls and tables. Talon had excused himself awhile ago, so it was just Farrah, Caden, Tav and I. We kept a steady conversation, and I was getting pretty bored honestly, but I would never admit that to Farrah. She was nice, but she seemed like the type of woman who could claw your eyes out with her perfectly manicured fingernails.

"Would you go get Talon sweetie? He's probably upstairs." Farrah snapped me out of my trance, and I looked back at her sheepishly. Before I could ask for directions to where, she continued to chatter with Tav. I sigh and head towards the spiral staircase that was quite frankly intimidating. I walked around and knocked on a door every so often, calling Talon's name. I came up to another room to knock, but it was partially open so I gingerly pushed it. I really wished I hadn't.

It was a bathroom, and inside of it, Talon was taking a shower.

I sucked in all the breath that was left in me as I stared at Talon's naked chest. The steam from the shower billowed up and covered his... manhood, so I was in the safe zone. I absolutely could not breathe as he turned around to let the water run down his back. He placed his hands on either side of the shower and lowered his head. The muscles on his back rippled and moved as he stood there; it was clear that he was stressed. He froze and slowly his head lifted up. I should've left, and ran with my tail between my legs, but I couldn't move. I was rooted to the spot as he tortuously turned his head to look over his shoulder. We made eye contact, and I was internally freaking out. I was on the verge of having an myocardial infraction when he turned his body around, and slowly ran a hand through his hair. All while keeping eye contact with me. Water droplets raced down his chest, and disappeared beneath the steam.