Chapter 1

Scarlett Silvers, a sixteen year-old girl, wishes nothing but happiness. That one day everything would just stop. That one day she wakes up and she was a totally different person. You can say she's lucky enough to have the best outfits, to be eating the best choices of food, to be spending her life with the "best" choice of people. Truth is, she never wanted any of this.

"One day." She promises herself, looking out the window seeing the view she'll never be able to experience the way she wants to.

"Scarlett!" Her mother calls out.

"Coming, mother." Scarlett softly says.

She goes down, to see a group of people who were in the same awful state she was in.

Scarlett sighs. "What now..." She whispers.

"I invited a few royals over for lunch." Her mom whispers. "Be your best self, and don't embarrass me, got it?"

Scarlett nods and sits on her chair as confidently as she can. Poise Scarlett, poise. Her mom's tune is in her head.

On the other hand, someone turned out to be exactly different.

Greyson Chance, sixteen years of age, knew how it was to live as a streetboy. He never saw his mom. His dad left him for another family when he was nine. He had no choice but to live his life the way his situation was. He didn't have the perfect life, but he was contented and happy.

Let's go back to Scarlett, who is currently making up her mind about what truly matters.

She drops a spoon. "Sorry." Her mom glares at her. She can't make a mistake. Not right now.

She looks at all the other teenagers stuck in the same world she lives in. They were all as nervous as she was. She felt pity for them just as much as she felt pitiful of herself and her situation. But at the same time, it was pretty relieving to know she wasn't alone.

Greyson was a troublemaker. He admits it, most of the time. But even with this, he still managed to keep girls around him.

He sleeps in their past home. His dad supports him with everything he needed. They would meet once or twice a month, which for a teenager who isn't fully grown and who doesn't know everything he has to, is definitely not enough.

Soon, the lunch with the royals was over. When they left, Scarlett's mom told her about the spoon.

"You embarrass me, most of the time." They weren't exactly what Scarlett wanted to hear. All she ever wanted was to hear "It's okay. It's alright to make mistakes." But it never happens. She seemed used to hearing this, but it still affects her. All a child needs is her parents' sincere attention, something she's never gotten her whole life.