Caught Up (A Prodigy from Mindless Behavior Love Story)

Caught Up Introduction:

(Aaliyah’s POV)

{I’ve never really been a fan of falling, but for him I don’t mind…}

My name is Aaliyah Senee Carter. I am seventeen years old and I am a senior in high school. I currently reside in Los Angeles, California with my mother and my stepdad, Calvin. I never got the chance to meet my biological father. Apparently, I have a half-brother named Travis. See, when I was born, my parents were going through a lot after my father cheated on my mother, and that’s how my brother came along. Of course, this only caused my mom heartbreak. So the next stage in our lives, as a family, slowly began to deteriorate when my parents got a divorce. Crazy thing is, my brother and I were born five months apart. He’s older than me, so that’s a good thing. But I still never met him. After the divorce, my dad took my brother with him to Atlanta along with his, “mistress.” The thought of him even cheating on my mother utterly disgusts me. My mom doesn’t like to speak about it and I don’t blame her. It always seemed to trouble her when I’d ask about him or what happened. She told me… eventually, but I still don’t like to bring it up. It wasn’t until the beginning of summer that I decided to I would try to reconcile with my father and connect with my brother. I told my mother about it, and all she says is, “If he really wanted to see you, then he would come visit you in LA. You shouldn’t make the effort for him to see you!” But this is my last year in high school before I’m off to college. I at least think we owe each other a year to get to know one another. Besides I have a whole family and life ahead of me that I need to discover. So I’m moving to Atlanta, leaving my family, my best friend, and last but not least my boyfriend behind.